Old Family Photos

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
She was a Hurley and her line also traces back to the Hatfields with some Cherokee Sizemore blood.

Cotton Top was hung for his part in the Hatfield McCoy fued in Pikeville the county seat of Pike County which is the county on the KY side of the Breaks. The breaks being the terrain that was so formidable that it stopped Boone on his journey into the area.

MX5HIGH

Christmas picture from the 50’s with my sister and brother. I never knew that one day I would magically become Santa. Between those years I joined the Navy for 6 years. I’ve done a lot of things in my lifetime however nothing has brought me more joy than being Santa and visiting with the children and seeing the excitement and joy they experience and being able to spread love, hope and joy to all the children of all ages. D67C4191-6CC1-4228-B823-86DFDED7344B.png

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Here's my Great Great Grandmother (1st seated on left) Rhonda Adeline Porter and my Great Great Grandfather (2nd seated from left) Lt. Calvin Rakestraw on their wedding day Dec. 9, 1865.

Great Great Grand Father Lt. Calvin Rakestraw - Rhonda Adeline Porter wedding Dec. 9, 1865.jpg

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
This pic is of my Granddad in West Ft. Worth Tx. 1928 and has a story to it.

Jesse Raper circa 1928.jpg

Family lore holds that this pic was taken by family friend Bonny Parker, who a few years later would be hiding out in that shack with her "friend" Clyde Barrows as my Granddad brought them food and "what ever" else they needed. I can't confirm or deny this, just how he told the story to me and backed up by a few of his Sisters later on.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
This pic is of my Granddad in West Ft. Worth Tx. 1928 and has a story to it.

View attachment 1092594

Family lore holds that this pic was taken by family friend Bonny Parker, who a few years later would be hiding out in that shack with her "friend" Clyde Barrows as my Granddad brought them food and "what ever" else they needed. I can't confirm or deny this, just how he told the story to me and backed up by a few of his Sisters later on.

I heard Ralph Fults speak one time. He was a member of the Barrow gang, and after prison he started working in a childrens home. He became a Christian and traveled around talking to kids about his life and encouraging them to good works instead of crime

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
looks like g grandma didn't want to be in that picture. lol

Great picture, and I would bet g granny would be one to tell just what she thought about any issue.
Here's a better pic of her after they moved back to Paulding County.

Great Grand Mother Illa Raper.jpg

She was born in Shoot'n Creek, N.C. Aug. 1871....nope... no Cherokee American in me. That bun on the back of her head was over 6 feet long when she let in down to comb.

Last edited:

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
This one is of my Great Great Grandfather Joseph McClure of Shoot'n Creek, N.C. some time before his passing in 1934.

Joseph J. McClure pre 1934.png

And his Dad (my Great Great Great Grandfather) Andrew Jack McClure taken before his passing in 1900.

Andrew Jack McClure pre 1900.png

WishboneW

First picture is my maternal great grandmother early 1930’s in Greenville S.C.

Next is my mother’s family circa late 1930’s Pickens county S.C.

Next are my maternal grandparents

Lastly my mother’s oldest brother Robert Tripp. Robert served in the 3rd. army from Normandy to the end. Bronze star. He was bad to the bone. His younger brother Roy, seen in the family picture served 1943 to end on the USS Melvin, a destroyer in the South Pacific

9E0CF0D1-0E0A-4828-939D-CD7DA522C196.jpeg9E0CF0D1-0E0A-4828-939D-CD7DA522C196.jpeg5D7914D3-597C-4BF5-B275-625F78B13375.jpeg79DE581F-05D6-424F-A3B6-FB6E102D8433.jpeg

Attachments

• 4E991FDF-260A-4FF1-BD9C-1CBB88FCC2F9.jpeg
    4E991FDF-260A-4FF1-BD9C-1CBB88FCC2F9.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: