Old Remington single shot??

sghoghunter

I saw an old single shot Remington rifle this past weekend that looked pretty cool. It was a short small gun with an octagon barrel that was stamped 32 something. It was a couple different levers and never did figure out how to load it but was able to do something and the barrel fell off. This picture isn’t it but that’s what it looks like

Attachments

• 3334108E-58B3-43A3-ADD7-CA0F8C258A06.jpeg
    3334108E-58B3-43A3-ADD7-CA0F8C258A06.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 57

bighonkinjeep

Is the barrel rifled? The lack of sights has me thinking it may be a .32 shot. I have an old Stevens favorite in .32 shot ( that's right shot not short) and it's a rimfire. Ammo is "obsolete and unavailable" if that's the case. I took that as a challenge and made a few rounds for mine. It wasnt cheap or easy and required an enormous amount of research to produce 5 black powder rimfire cartridges for mine. There is no common parent cartridge case and I had to use hand turned brass billets with an offset primer pocket from Dixie gun works that were intended to fire balls from a pistol in order to produce mine. I haven't heard of anyone else that's fired one. In the last 40 years or so ?

Hillbilly stalker

My buddy has a .32 caliber rimfire that’s similar, I haven’t seen it in years. He cannot find any rounds for it.

sghoghunter

Is the barrel rifled? The lack of sights has me thinking it may be a .32 shot. I have an old Stevens favorite in .32 shot ( that's right shot not short) and it's a rimfire. Ammo is "obsolete and unavailable" if that's the case. I took that as a challenge and made a few rounds for mine. It wasnt cheap or easy and required an enormous amount of research to produce 5 black powder rimfire cartridges for mine. There is no common parent cartridge case and I had to use hand turned brass billets with an offset primer pocket from Dixie gun works that were intended to fire balls from a pistol in order to produce mine. I haven't heard of anyone else that's fired one. In the last 40 years or so ?

Not sure on the barrel being rifled. I’d love to have it just for decoration but it sure isn’t worth the over $300 that’s on the tag

bighonkinjeep

Here's a couple of the .32 rimfire shotshells I made between some .410s and an empty brass billet. If I remember right the empty case far left is a .327 mag that I tried to use but it was too big. One holds the shot charge in hand rolled typing paper and the other is a drinking straw from Chick fil a. Think based off of a black powder .32 rimfire 90gr bullet load I found and taking into account that shot builds pressure much differently than bullets I went with 60 grains of #9 shot. Can't remember offhand the black powder charge. Made wads from a foam egg carton. Primer was a starter pistol crimp.1627525077184.png

Last edited:

rayjay

Not sure on the barrel being rifled. I’d love to have it just for decoration but it sure isn’t worth the over $300 that’s on the tag
The seller surely knows better than you "what he has got". hahhaha :)