One small part of a walking staff

Al33

Our Woodcarving Cl;ub, The Chattahoochee Woodcarvers, is making a walking staff. Many of our members were given a 2.5" x 3" block of wood with a 1/2 " hole drilled through it's long length. Members are now carving the blocks into anything they desire. The finished carvings will then be placed and stacked on a long 1/2" dowel rod creating a walking staff with many carvings.

The following pic's are of my block. I opted to do two faces so it can be viewed from all angles. Perhaps later when all are assembled I will take another pic of the finished staff.
The staff will then be auctioned off to the highest bidder to generate funds for the club.

stickindian4.jpg

stickindian3.jpg

stickindian2.jpg

stickindian5.jpg

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
That is sharp:flag:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Great work Al!! I would like to see this finished piece as well.

Al33

Thanks all,

Vernon, he is smiling on one side and grumpy on the other.

buckhunter, I believe the bidding will be among club members only, but I'll check to make sure. It may be a few more months before it is all put together.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I like it.:cool:

OconeeJim

UGH AL, could you make one......

....that is both right side up and upside down??? You know, like two distinct faces...one up, one down? That would be neat too. This one looks terrific KemoSabi (sp?). Have you been by the old campground/cabin/store location? You wouldn't believe it! Putting in foundations for 36 (phase one) high dollar condos....starting around $500K !!! I remember well when I had to run folks down for a $2 ramp fee!!!!!:huh: Don't dare tell Nell, but I kinda' miss those days.