One spot open for tomorrow.

bnz

I'm heading offshore tomorrow for a jigging/bottom fishing trip. All my regulars are unavailable to go. I mean, even sharkfighter turned me down. :p Seanote is joining me but still have room for one more. You don't even have to bring any gear, I'll have plenty. Just food, drinks, and gas money to help out. If you can make it last minute shoot me a PM.

bnz

Big Pete, have to pick up a part for my boat so will be launching at 9:30 now.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
I'm heading offshore tomorrow for a jigging/bottom fishing trip. All my regulars are unavailable to go. I mean, even sharkfighter turned me down. :p Seanote is joining me but still have room for one more. You don't even have to bring any gear, I'll have plenty. Just food, drinks, and gas money to help out. If you can make it last minute shoot me a PM.

Not a rocket scientist, but that kayak looks a little small for too many passengers.::ke:

Reactions: bnz

bnz

We ended up at R3 after the first tower produced nothing but a cuda. Ended up catching aj’s, almacos, cudas, a spanish mack, and a bonito. Last hook up of the day we never saw but snapped Seanote's rod in half after about a 30 min fight. Probably a large shark.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
In addition to the five kayaks I own, I also have a gheenoe and a Sea Cat 225 (my offshore ride). ;)

How do you like the gheenoe. I'm almost curious enough about the to get one just to try out. I think one with a stick steer would be the Jim Dandy on small water.

bnz

Like it for inshore but you want to be careful going across a river with some chop. Ask me how I know. :cool: Mine is rigged with an ipilot so it's drive by remote control. For a small, skinny water boat they are hard to beat

Seanote

Great trip. I learned something new fishing with bnz. Bnz's jigging technique is not new I'm sure, but it was to me. I love it! I also learned a little about deep water rods. Luckily the rod break was not due to the construction. It had to be a blemished blank. First time using it too. I was glad to be able to put it to the test. :)

Seanote

I again have an open spot for tomorrow. I plan to go to KC for sheepshead, but no fiddlers to be had. I'm going to try a few things for them and if they don't work, I may run to CCA. Taking out of Bull River at 8:30. Expectation is to help with expenses. Costs should be no more than $50 per.

Seanote

Nothing. Got to the reef got anchored up first time hit the structure. Than looked at brother and he was throwing up. The sheepshead were there and were eating my oysters, but the were stealing them with ease. Tried using gauze and they just pulled the oysters out of it. After 30 minutes I decided to give my brother a break.and went in. I'm going to try inshore tomorrow.

bnz

Oysters are still my favorite bait for sheepshead. The trick is once you get one down slowly lift your rod tip up and if you feel any tension just start reeling. They will hook themselves. If you feel a nibble it's too late, your bait is gone.