oneill outside radio

jbogg

I started hunting in my late 20s when GON was still a newspaper, and there was an entertaining Hunter with a radio show on Saturday mornings which I would listen to driving to deer camp. I did not grow up in a family of hunters, and pre-Internet it was all trial and error. I will be 60 next year, and O’Neill definitely made that early morning windshield time a lot more fun. Thanks for the memories.

ghadarits

I listen when I’m up and going early enough and have been as long as I can remember. I’ve always enjoyed the program for what it is as it’s presented. When I was listening consistently in the 90’s I would call in regularly and I always appreciated your allowing as many folks to call in as you did.
I worked with Travis’s step dad for a few years in the late 90’s and early 2000’s and he always had good things to say about you and Travis OW.

Last edited:

ghadarits

I started hunting in my late 20s when GON was still a newspaper, and there was an entertaining Hunter with a radio show on Saturday mornings which I would listen to driving to deer camp. I did not grow up in a family of hunters, and pre-Internet it was all trial and error. I will be 60 next year, and O’Neill definitely made that early morning windshield time a lot more fun. Thanks for the memories.
That’s my story too except I was early 20’s

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Great to hear from you O! I too love the show, but kind of a convenient listener as well. I am seldom up when it’s on, but if I catch a snippet, I’m tuned in. I hope you and the misses are doing well!

ucfireman

We are all a bunch of old fogies. I'm one too.
Cant even get out of bed early enough to listen to a great local outdoor radio show. But I bet most are up between 2-4 to pee.

I do remember listening and if my memory serves there was a guest named "Milton Crabbapple", loved those stories.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
We are all a bunch of old fogies. I'm one too.
Cant even get out of bed early enough to listen to a great local outdoor radio show. But I bet most are up between 2-4 to pee.

I do remember listening and if my memory serves there was a guest named "Milton Crabbapple", loved those stories.

Milton was on this Saturday. My dad and I always listen on the way to the lake or the woods!

turkeykirk

Use to listen when I had to drive to far places to hunt and fish. Now I don’t have to get up early to hunt the places I have near home.

LTZ25

Milton was on this Saturday. My dad and I always listen on the way to the lake or the woods!
I think he used Milton Crabapple because he lived between those two cities . This place ( GON ) is definitely Oniell's home base for his best fans .

OwlRNothing

Might just be that folks are moving away from radio and toward video. I think even podcasting is taking a hit, and I know for sure blogging isn't what it once was, either.

HortDawg

I’ve listened every since I knew it was on before Walter Reeves. If I’m not doing anything early sometimes I’ll wake up to listen with a little coffee and dose back off afterwards. I like hearing the regulars and the guide reports.

HortDawg

I’ve listened every since I knew it was on before Walter Reeves. If I’m not doing anything early sometimes I’ll wake up to listen with a little coffee and dose back off afterwards. I like hearing the regulars and the guide reports.

Big7

The Oracle
Tell me how to make the radio show better and tell me if you guys listen.
I like him but way to commercial for me.
Good to listen on FM.. Kinda' hard listening to the AM crackle.

I only listen when diving around in the early morning. I'm a YouTube subscriber and it's EXCELLENT !!

Last edited:

HortDawg

Uh double post bad service at the lake forgot to mention. I listen on the WSB app live, or listen to it on demand there.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
My drives to south GA would’ve been so boring if it wasn’t for you sir! I have listened to you and woman Williams for a long time! You and I had our picture made together at the GON Blast a couple of years ago! We all appreciate what you do!!!

dank1296

I actually won a pair of Bolle sunglasses back around 2003 listening on way to work day watch shift. The question O'Neill asked was what major league pitcher had the most wins in 1916? I got it who else knows.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I actually won a pair of Bolle sunglasses back around 2003 listening on way to work day watch shift. The question O'Neill asked was what major league pitcher had the most wins in 1916? I got it who else knows.
Johnson