Open carry antis and gun owners judging gun owners...

someguyintraffic

That isn't so bad. With only the handle, most folks will never notice. It is those floppy nylon holsters that stick out that draw the attention.

Although I think those floppy unsecured carriers are irresponsible or even downright dangerous I mind my own business.

rosewood

The good thing about today is with all of the big cell phones, most folks don't notice when your gun prints in your shirt, could be a phone. Shoot most folks are so oblivious of those around them anyway.

I on the other hand make it a point to know who around me is armed whether to keep a tab or know I have backup if need be.

Rosewood

Katalee

Just wondering how many people that were open carrying have been shot by someone committing a crime?

wareagle700

Just wondering how many people that were open carrying have been shot by someone committing a crime?

Probably the same amount as the people who have been prosecuted after a good shoot for carrying a gun with modifications, which made it more deadly and evil.

GunnSmokeer

If youre within the law and can legally own and carry a gun, whether concealed or open and do so responsibly I dont feel that I or anyone have any place to comment on your choice.

Thats the problem with partial liberty Americans to me. Whether pro gun or anti, telling a law abiding free man exercising his right to the 2nd Amendment what he can or should do peeves me off.

I'm appalled at the limit of liberty pro gunners. With friends like them who needs antis?"

MY RESPONSE IS:

1-- Even if you have the right to do something I would not chose to do in your shoes, you don't have the right to be free from criticism. If you do things that you know are unpopular, expect to hear about it from others.

2-- If you carry a gun in a way that makes you look like a dangerous fool, or psychopath looking for an excuse to kill someone, that IS my business, because your method of carry can hurt the image of all gun owners and make it difficult to get pro-carry legislation passed.

3-- I find your whole premise offensive. You are saying that every gun owner, or at least every gun owner who uses the internet or social media with other gun owners, should march in lockstep with the most hardcore fanatics of the far right. No reasonableness, no thought, just a knee-jerk reaction to anything that even hints that somebody else isn't enthused about interpreting the Second Amendment to mean "anybody can carry any weapon they want, anywhere, at any time and under any circumstances, and anybody who disagrees must be a commie or a NAZI."
Aren't gun owners allowed to have differences of opinion?

GunnSmokeer

P.S. I openly carry pretty often. At least once a week. I go shopping with a holstered handgun on my hip. Sometimes I do yard work that way. It's more comfortable than concealed carry, and I don't get as much sweat all over my gun if I carry it in an OWB holster, no cover garment.

But the phrase "open carry" doesn't just mean well-dressed people carrying holstered handguns on belts. Some gun nuts thinks it means wearing an AR carbine with a 30-round mag in place. Not just in your vehicle, but on your back or in your hands as you visit the coffee shop, or go to pick up a friend at the airport, or drop your kid off at daycare.

someguyintraffic

Please dont put words in my mouth. I said I have no right to tell anyone else what to do with their firearm regardless of my opinion. Its right there in black and white.

I think you need to reread what you quoted. " responsibly " is a pretty important part of my comment.

When did I ever mention Nazis or any of that fabrication you claim I stated? Please explain.

Last edited: