Open letter to Ameristep

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
WOW !!! Over 7,000 views !! Pookie's gonna own Ameristep !!!

Really in truly, this has been a very informative thread.

jim8377

Someone tell me what breed of dog you are required to own before purchasing a doghouse blind?

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
I have one and have had it 3 years. It still looks great. I never used the poles as I never thought them necessary. I also carry it in and out of the woods most of the time and have only left it out over night since I hunt public land. Carrying it and a camping chair really isn't bad. I had turkeys within 15 yards of me a few days ago and they didn't bust me so the camo must not be too bad. Great product for the mobile hunter. FWIW :flag:

seaweaver

When the one we had faded we applied two cans of camo flat paint and just kept spraying "deer caint read" all over till they were empty. sealed a lot of thin spots too.
cw

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Wonder how Robert's blind is faring during turkey season?:huh:

Turkeypaw

This thread will never die. :rofl::rofl:

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
This thread is like a bad penny.....
The blind has been out since December. I'm sure its still solid. :biggrin3:

Marietta Mike

Thanks Ameristep!

I found this Ameristep ground blind while turkey hunting the other day. It was under 1 or 2 years of pine needles and based on the number of old paper wasp nests hanging inside the roof area it stood through one summer.

I'm guessing the original owner read this thread back in 2009 and just left it after hunting season rather than deal with broken poles and patching holes.

Thanks Ameristep!

Attachments

• Ameristep.jpg
    Ameristep.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 1,532

Mako22

BANNED
Mine is still working great, although I did loose the second pole this year to breakage but like the first one some electrical tape fixed it up fine. My son shot his first two deer out of it this season.

Sweetwater

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I swear this thread is like a bad penny! It just keeps coming back! :banginghe
Ameristep never did e-mail me back. Reckon i oughta let them know that their fine product is resting in pieces in the Lee County landfill? :bounce:

Oh boy....wonder what would happen if the EPA got a load of this^^^^^

::ke:

:fine:

:rofl:

PappyHoel

I got a good chuckle reading these.

Mako22

BANNED
I was thinking of this thread last week as I spent my 5th season hunting in my Amerstep dog house blind. Sure all the poles are tapped up with electrical tape and some duck tape but they still work. I love that blind, cheap, repairable with the handy man's secret weapon and still killing deer out of it.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking of this thread last week as I spent my 5th season hunting in my Amerstep dog house blind. Sure all the poles are tapped up with electrical tape and some duck tape but they still work. I love that blind, cheap, repairable with the handy man's secret weapon and still killing deer out of it.

Once the metal form ripped out of the fabric, even duct tape couldn't help it.
I may need to buy a new one. I'm SURE they've made improvements in the last 5 years. :bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Ever hear back from them?

:pop: