Open letter to Ameristep

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Dear Mr. Quack,,,,,,,,,,,Did this RH fella happen to mention the tree limbs that keep falling off of the trees that he places his blinds under, thereby damaging the support poles??:huh:

Why no sir he didn't?? I just assumed it was our crappy product??

HOQ (Head Of Qappy products)

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
That's awesome! Now try taking it out of the box and using it! :bounce:
:whip: The ONLY thing wrong is it's getting FADED, tyvm!!:whip: ok & I keep misplacing my anchor thingamajigs!:p

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
idiots......

We're not the one with a full collection of broken blinds...
10_1_137.gif

i wont use ameristep anymore i bought a doghouse blind that the internal poles that are supposed to fold up broke and wouldnt fold so me and my dad took it back with the box and receipt and gave it to em at the return desk

PWalls

I have two doghouse blinds that are probably over 5 years old. I take them in to the woods and take them out. The longest I leave one out is probably 2 weeks if I am hunting a hot spot. Never have had an issue with any of the poles (and I have put them up and taken them down many, many times over those years). Camo faded some, but I just pile more brush around it. I have gotten my money out of those two blinds and killed some good deer out of them (both youngus killed their first deer out of said blinds). I have a hunting buddy that leaves his out all season every year. His two year old tent is about shot to pieces. Holes in it, faded, and one broken pole.

RamblinWreck

I tore the top out of my ol' raggedy doghouse and use it for a dove blind. Works great with some added brush piled around, and quick set up. :banana:

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I swear this thread is like a bad penny! It just keeps coming back! :banginghe
Ameristep never did e-mail me back. Reckon i oughta let them know that their fine product is resting in pieces in the Lee County landfill? :bounce:

choot'em

I guess I jsut got lucky. My dad and I bought 2 in 2009. We set them up the week of muzzleloader and dont take them down till the end of the year. On year three. Our property is all woods so they do not spend alot of time in the sun.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Rhbama is headed to WalMart to see if he can scrounge up some poles for his quality built Ameri Step blind !! :rofl:

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Rhbama is headed to WalMart to see if he can scrounge up some poles for his quality built Ameri Step blind !! :rofl:

:swords::swords:
Let me tell you how this went. The ground blind has not aged well in its case. I spent 45 minutes trying to thread a stupid bungee cord thru the 4 sections of replacement tent poles and then knot it at each end. Well, i get to where i want to set it up. First pole slides in good. 2nd pole? Not so much. I'm sliding it into place, hear a crack, and now my blind has an additional sunroof. Pole broke and punched right thru that sucker. I used another pole but its a different length so the thing looks goofy. Hammered the tent stakes in and plan to let it die there. Hunting out of it in the morning and then plan to take a pic every trip the rest of deer season as it disentegrates. Hoping to have a final pic of the spring frame only with my chair sitting in it. :bounce:
Thanks, Ameristep! :deadhorse:

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
:swords::swords:
Let me tell you how this went. The ground blind has not aged well in its case. I spent 45 minutes trying to thread a stupid bungee cord thru the 4 sections of replacement tent poles and then knot it at each end. Well, i get to where i want to set it up. First pole slides in good. 2nd pole? Not so much. I'm sliding it into place, hear a crack, and now my blind has an additional sunroof. Pole broke and punched right thru that sucker. I used another pole but its a different length so the thing looks goofy. Hammered the tent stakes in and plan to let it die there. Hunting out of it in the morning and then plan to take a pic every trip the rest of deer season as it disentegrates. Hoping to have a final pic of the spring frame only with my chair sitting in it. :bounce:
Thanks, Ameristep! :deadhorse:

That'll show 'em !!! :bounce:

I'm sure the "Head Of Quality" control will be ready for a response !! :cheers:

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Day one of the Ameri-step disentegration. Notice the amazing ability of the bright greens and browns to transform into muted colors after a few days in the sun! Also notice the rust stains around the spring frame. It's already ripping in places. The zippers are dry rotted and missing teeth so what you see is the way it is. Can't wait till next week to take another pic! :jump:

Attachments

• blind 2.jpg
    blind 2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,654

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Day one of the Ameri-step disentegration. Notice the amazing ability of the bright greens and browns to transform into muted colors after a few days in the sun! Also notice the rust stains around the spring frame. It's already ripping in places. The zippers are dry rotted and missing teeth so what you see is the way it is. Can't wait till next week to take another pic! :jump:

Dear Sir, our team of experts here at Ameristep Blinds have studied this photograph extensively, and what we do notice is the dead tree laying directly behind the blind, obviously causing the broken pole problems, the fading and the zipper failures.

It disappoints us that "some" people will say and do anything to try and get something for nothing. We're betting that you voted for Obama and are probably a communist too.

Sincerely,

HOQ (Head Of Qrooks)