Open to abuse - the Grace of God

StriperAddict

Poignant note to the body of Christ and a strong but passionate word to the fence walkers.
Enjoy. See y'all next month. -Walter
=====================================

To my brothers and sisters in the faith…

The grace of God, by definition, is open to the possibility of abuse. There is no way around it. Telling someone, “I will give you this free gift as long as you don’t abuse it,” is not grace.

That being said, the grace of God entails far more than unconditional forgiveness through Christ. By the grace poured out through the new covenant, believers in Jesus have been given, among other things, a new heart, a new human spirit, and the indwelling Holy Spirit.

The grace of God is absolutely unmerited, limitless favor. And it is also divine enablement to empower disciples to live a life that is supernatural and otherwise impossible to live.

I hope this helps bring some clarity for those folks who like to use ridiculous terms like “cheap grace” and “easy believism” in their criticism of those of us who teach & preach grace.

God’s grace certainly isn’t cheap. It cost our Savior His life. And it’s definitely not easy believism. Ironically, legalism, not grace, is easy to believe.
It is easy to believe that God must be perpetually upset with you. It is easy to believe that you will have to pay for your own sins. It is easy to believe that you must contribute at least something in the earning or maintaining of God’s favor.

Grace is the most difficult thing you’ll ever believe. Living daily under the glorious banner, “It is finished,” is far from easy. If it was, you’d have no problem believing it.

Much love to all of you…
- Jeremy White