Opening week of bow season???

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Anyone planning on taking much time off to hunt that week?

I usually hold off hunting hard (all day) until around the rut.

We’ve always got one or two that are predictable the first few weeks of bow season.

Thinking I’m taking 4 days and sitting tight on them this year.

fountain

Not me...entirely too hot for me. Too many things to go bad and ruin a spot/hunt.
Typically anything that has a pattern seems to leave or change about a week before season, for me anyway

Kris87

I don't take off that week but everyone here knows I love September. I've killed 3 of my 4 biggest GA bucks in September. They're much easier to pattern, and as long as you don't hunt them in the mornings, then you have as good a chance, if not the best, at killing them than any other time.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I don't take off that week but everyone here knows I love September. I've killed 3 of my 4 biggest GA bucks in September. They're much easier to pattern, and as long as you don't hunt them in the mornings, then you have as good a chance, if not the best, at killing them than any other time.
From the last two years mine are just around noon through about 3. Then within the last hour before dark. So I’m probably taking afternoons for a few days.

davidhelmly

I'm a huge fan of early season, if we can both get away from work Cindy and I will probably hunt most of opening week,

uturn

I love hunting early season as well! It just different hunting early season but, I like it for what it is the same as I do hunting the rut and as well have had some really good luck early!!

Come on September!

Kris87

One of my favorite weeks to hunt is the 24-30 of Sept. Lots of fruit trees dropping and the bucks know where they are

Agree. That's the week I've killed a couple of good ones, including my best P&Y in GA. You find the first hot white oak, and hunt it in the evenings only, and you have a really good chance.

oldfella1962

kind of a catch-22 isn't it? Morning is usually the only time of day it's not too hot to hunt!

kevincox

I have had pretty good luck in am whenever we had a cool front move in during Sept. Temps in the 50s for a low will get me to roll the dice on a am hunt if it's close to bedding

uturn

No Sir you are not Chris...I almost feel guilty sometime cause I get to hunt and surf in the same month!! Did I say almost..

Been workin in it my whole life so to chase whitetail in it too!

Way cool to me for some reason...

Huntmaster2

Opening day, especially on public land that gets pressure, is a great time. I think doing the work scouting and seeing their summer patterns is the key. The afternoon has been better for me early season.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I’ve never even seen a deer opening morning of bow season.
I’ll go again anyway. One day I’ll be the one to get lucky.

shdw633

I am taking the week off for opening season. I was doing that last season until we had Irma come through and wreck it for me.

BowanaLee

If I can climb around on roofs in the hot sun I can easily hunt in the shade sipping on sweet tea. Y'all stay at home and leave the truck rides to me. Got a nice Sept buck last year.

Attachments

• 143.jpg resized.jpg
    143.jpg resized.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 42

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I'm taking the whole week off. Ill be 1,700 hundred or so miles from hear though. :)