Opening Weekend "CHOW DOWN'S"!!!!!!!

CPiper

Duke's BBQ

BubbaD

I'll testify to SCPO's "Deer Hunter's Special" as he likes to call it. Its a mighty fine meal! :clap:

O

OFD2Truck

Some great toufu and bean sprouts with organic yogurt. Sparkling water with a lemon and a cute umbrella ::ke: Actually, for bow we all do steaks on Fri night, cook a whole hog the night before opener

vermontah

:D Now it varies quite a bit from year to year and I don't even know who will show up this year or what they will bring but in years past we have worked our way through:
A five gallon pail of one clawed lobsters
elk tenderloin with pitite noar wine
moose sausage for breakfast followed by moose steaks for lunch.
Bear stew
oysters on the half shell
steamed mussles
freash heart and onions
smoked blue fish
and every year someone brings a 2 square foot lazazne in an aluminum roaster that simmers on the wood stove while we stand our opening day closing stands. Smells awful good when you come in from the cold. The guys bring enough food for two weeks and then stay only two days and I end up taking a lot of it down to the house and don't need to shop for groceries for the week. Of course years where we go to the titty bar to celibrate a buck we have a lot more food left over. :yeah:

Jeff Phillips

Flintstone Steaks (Ribeyes big enough to flip your car over :p )
Baked Sweet Taters loaded with butter
Salad

Jorge

It looks like we are having a workday on the bow opener because the weekend before I will be at a dove shoot and DocGlenn (who has the other tractor) will be in Alaska on a dall sheep hunt (who has the better excuse?). With that said, assuming I have time and assuming I am successful in downing a few of those gray missiles, we will be having dove-ka-bobs for an appetizer followed by either grilled butterflied back strap or pheasant breasts (got to clean out the freezer) folded over a jalapeno pepper filled with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. And of course the usual side dish will be....

taters an' onions. :yeah:

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
A whole smoked hog,
venison hash,
Fried venison and pork Backstrap and tenderloin..........
grits and
Gravy.........
and a Ho Cake to sop it with
and deep fried Turkey,
with all the side dishes.....I'd name 'em......but you get the picture..........

Chocolate Delight and Blueberry cobbler for dessert

Maybe just a leeeettle bit of whiskey and a beer or two.

Jorge

OFD2Truck said:
Some great toufu and bean sprouts with organic yogurt. Sparkling water with a lemon and a cute umbrella ::ke: Actually, for bow we all do steaks on Fri night, cook a whole hog the night before opener
Dude! You scared me. I was about to say you a'int got to drive all the way to Athens to eat. You can just eat with us, but it looks like you have it covered. :cool:

huntaholic

Yea Man

DEER CHOPS !!! :fine:

Latest posts