Orange vest

sadler2

I'm hunting some public land that is Archery only. I cant seem to find anything on wearing Orange when rifle opens in relation to these Archery only WMAs and if I have to wear it on these archery only WMAs or not. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Buck E.

I'm hunting some public land that is Archery only. I cant seem to find anything on wearing Orange when rifle opens in relation to these Archery only WMAs and if I have to wear it on these archery only WMAs or not. Can someone point me in the right direction?
On archery only it is not required.

GADawg08

I hunt an archery only wma as well and have never been sure if its required, but there's no way I would be walking around the woods during firearms season without an orange vest.....been several years ago, but my buddy was hunting an archery only wma only to walk up on another hunter and his son, both of which had rifles and said they didn't know it was archery only. Take that chance if you want to, but tread carefully

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I always thought if gun season was in u had to wear it , I wear mine on public land always.... even scouting before season !

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I have hunted on several. Guys are hunting next door with rifles. I felt mighty funny walking down the road that separated the WMA from private without one. Id wear it to and from the stand.