OSSABAW Island Hunters (Tips For The Ignorant )

tlee22

Snuffy,
Jkp,

It was nice meeting both of you. It was fore sure the tuff's hunt I have ever been on while at Ossabaw. I was lucky enough to kill 2 pigs a 80lbs & 100lbs. I shot one other that I could never find. Hope to see you both in a couple of years.

snuffy

Snuffy,
Jkp,

It was nice meeting both of you. It was fore sure the tuff's hunt I have ever been on while at Ossabaw. I was lucky enough to kill 2 pigs a 80lbs & 100lbs. I shot one other that I could never find. Hope to see you both in a couple of years.

Was great meeting you also. Two years it too long.
We need to do the Piedmont P/W hunt next year?

snuffy

Hunt Ossabaw for three days and don't see a deer and then this morning hit one on my bike on the way to work.

Luckily I was only doing about 40 and she just hit my crash bar and foot peg.

Went back to look for her and didn't see her. Maybe she will be ok.

jkp

Snuffy,
Glad you are O.K. hope the bike is. I hit a dove with my knee at 60 and it almost killed me, I can't imagine hitting a deer. Be safe.
J

p.s. might have to do the PW piedmont, we'll see what the year brings.

tlee22

Snuffy that could have turn out real bad. Glad you are ok. I have never hunted piedmont before so y'all would have to show me where to go. I have heard that it is a pretty big park.

kelbro

My son and I will be there in February. The nats are not as bad in the late winter hunts. The people I have seen bring climbers have generally done pretty well, but they seemed to know where they wanted to hunt, (in places climbers worked). I haven't brought one in 5 trips to the island, but every year I have seen places I thought, 'if I just had a climber". If you get good info on a place to hunt, and there are some great places, plan to get there early, best to arrange a private boat, there will a half dozen at least at the island dock long before the Kilkenny boats leave the shore.

Chaphe

This seems to be an old thread (2104) but, I’m heading down for the Hog hunt this week and wondering if any of this information has any significant changes in the last 5 years?

Mark R

they used to send me a letter . I wonder what they charging to put my boat in now ? I may be goin to the alternative route .

Mac

I did go go back far enough to see the post, but I figure after one of the storms it washed out some of the roads so they had to close a few areas and change the drop off routes?

We are headed down for the youth hunt during Thanksgiving. I have not been in a few years and my son never has. Looking forward to showing him around.

Last edited:

one_shot_no_mor

I did go go back far enough to see the post, but I figure after one of the storms it washed out some of the roads so they had to close a few areas and change the drop of routes?

We are headed down for the youth hunt during Thanksgiving. I have not been in a few years and my son never has. Looking forward to showing him around.
Thanks Mac! Hope you and your Son have a good time! If you remember, I'd sure appreciate some updated info!

Mac

I will post an update when we return. Pigs will be our focus.