Ossabaw Island Oct Archery Hunt

humblehunter22

Anyone else get drawn for the Oct Archery hunt at Ossabaw Island? Was surprised when i checked my email to see that i was drawn for it without wagering any points. Needless to say reaching out to see if anyone else in here has been selected for the same hunt?

LipRip'r

We'll be there, group of 3

Danny Leigh

GONetwork Member
The PW hunt had a good number of deer taken and a bunch of hogs have been taken on all 3 hunts. The rifle hunt was cut short due to weather.

Weather looks to be good and it should be a great hunt. Lots of hogs on the island right now.

jth678

I was drawn so I’ll be there my other friends didnt get it so I’ll be making a solo trip! But I’m excited I’ve been wanting to go there for a while

Redman54

Get ready for a blood transfusion when you get back...... thermocells for the skeeters and Africa's Best for the sand gnats.
AB.JPG Trust me, do yourself a favor and pick up a bottle before you go.

Mac

Thanks for the tip Redman,
I have never heard of using this.

Redman54

Please do explain

The mosquitos and sand gnats are terrible over there, especially on the early hunts. Take plenty of refills for your thermocell and get a bottle of Africa's Best. A thermocell works great for mosquitos, but it does nothing to deter sand gnats. Africa's best can be found in the hair care product section at Walmart. It will keep the sand gnats from biting. And it smells nice and keeps your skin soft:ROFLMAO:

j_seph

The mosquitos and sand gnats are terrible over there, especially on the early hunts. Take plenty of refills for your thermocell and get a bottle of Africa's Best. A thermocell works great for mosquitos, but it does nothing to deter sand gnats. Africa's best can be found in the hair care product section at Walmart. It will keep the sand gnats from biting. And it smells nice and keeps your skin soft:ROFLMAO:
So..............Climb out of tent very early, grease your body down with this stuff, and hope @Danny Leigh and others are still sound asleep.

Redman54

So..............Climb out of tent very early, grease your body down with this stuff, and hope @Danny Leigh and others are still sound asleep.
That sounds about right!
But all kidding aside, We have used it for years, it's about the only thing, besides insect repellant, which I hate, that works.

Latest posts