out of challenge

BOWROD

I have enjoyed the bow challenge and feel like I have had my time with it..:yeah:...we have a new child who is up and running now and although there are plenty of guys who have kids and still hunt a good bit ,,,,that is not the path I'm going to take...I've been blessed in my GA hunting endevoirs through the years killing somewhere around 65 longbeards & deer from spikes to a 164" beast including 3 p/y ,,I'm not saying my hunting days are over but three out of four weekends will be spent with my daughter experiencing all the things that make having a kid fun..she will be in the woods with me when she's old enough but for now I will be watching from the sidelines . ....hope you guys have a great season and good luck out there ..aim small..:flag:

mickyu

Good for you buddy. You will be a great dad to that little girl. You will be sorely missed in the challenge. I know every time I saw your name in the "entries", I couldn't wait to see what beast Rodney has taken now. Have fun with your family and send us some pics when you do slip out there, and we all know you will. I guess that was the "Rumbling"...:huh:

BOWROD

Lol..thsnks buddy for the kind words but this doesn't have anything to do with the rumbling .....guess it will come out eventually....

j_seph

You sir have your priorities in line

Huntinfool

More folks need to think this way. Good for you. There will still be giant bucks in this state 5-7 years from now. She will only be young for so long.

Hunting 4 Him

You'll never regret putting your family first. There'll be time for hunting later then it really gets fun when they share your passion for the hunt.

BowChilling

I totally understand Rodney! They grow up fast.

I'll miss having you in the Challenge. One of the best things that have came out of the Challenge for me has been the friendships made!

BowanaLee

Good choice buddy, they'll only be young once. :cheers:

I was just told I could not leave the challenge. CJ may be stuck with me ? :huh:

Last edited:

Bow Only

I totally understand Rodney! They grow up fast.

I'll miss having you in the Challenge. One of the best things that have came out of the Challenge for me has been the friendships made!

I agree with Billy. Without the challenge, I don't think we would have met. I really enjoyed the one year we were teammates and the strategy sessions. I think you made the right call.

Wack&Stackn08

You will be missed Rodney, but I know you are doing the right thing. I have been trying to juggle the comp and 2 boys and it showed in my results of the contest. Them kids are WAAAYYYY more important!!!!

I have enjoyed the last 4 or 5 hunting seasons, and they definitely wouldn't have been the same without you!!

Good luck man, and hug that little girl every chance you get, and don't forget to thank God for her everyday as well!!

BOWHUNTER!

Good for you Rodney. Kids grow up faster than we realize. Cherish every second of them being young. Them deers aint going anywhere but you dropping out sure did relieve some major competition. ::ke::D

BOWROD

challenge

Good for you Rodney. Kids grow up faster than we realize. Cherish every second of them being young. Them deers aint going anywhere but you dropping out sure did relieve some major competition. ::ke::D

Thanks for the Kind words guys ....it was an easy decision ...:flag:.

jaymax

I have enjoyed the bow challenge and feel like I have had my time with it..:yeah:...we have a new child who is up and running now and although there are plenty of guys who have kids and still hunt a good bit ,,,,that is not the path I'm going to take...I've been blessed in my GA hunting endevoirs through the years killing somewhere around 65 longbeards & deer from spikes to a 164" beast including 3 p/y ,,I'm not saying my hunting days are over but three out of four weekends will be spent with my daughter experiencing all the things that make having a kid fun..she will be in the woods with me when she's old enough but for now I will be watching from the sidelines . ....hope you guys have a great season and good luck out there ..aim small..:flag:

You took the words out of my mouth. Glad to know I'm not the only one! I almost did this last year but this year will be a no brainer for me. The majority of my life has revolved around hunting everything as hard as i could go. Im also taking a back seat for a lil while to spend more family time w my wife and kids. We will still do our share as a family but w no pressure and im sure i will sit my honey holes a few times but I'v got to let my competitive nature chill out for a while. Well said Rodney and thanks for sharing. Definitely the right move

deast1988

You guys have always been stand up giant slayers. When one story ends the next begins. Solid choices made by each And all you guys. I'm not a dad but my dad has mad hard\easy choices for me and my brother and I respect you guys even more now for family first. I'm sure we will still see smack talk (bow lonely.) good luck to yall I'm sure we will still see you around and I'm sure yall will keep us posted on how the season is goin.

Take care, best wishes

tyler1

I hope your wife and daughter, when she is older know just how blessed they are to have a husband and father like you. From a grandpa to a new dad, you restore my faith manhood. May God bless you and your family.