Outboard Powerhead.

Taco4x4

Does anyone here know of a good place to purchase reman powerheads. I am in need of two of them. One for a Mercury 150xr6 and another for a Yamaha 225 vmax. So many online that I dont know who to go with. A few recommendations would be great. Thanks

Taco4x4

Thanks for the help. lol I found this place called TMS Marine. Its a small machine shop that for three grand picked my powerhead up at my front door then once in there shop tore it down told me what was wrong with it and bored all six cylinders and installed new everything except Crank and connecting rods because they were in great shape. I should get it back this Friday and it comes with the gaskets I need to install and they give you a new OEM impeller. Hopefully this weekend I will be putting my Yamaha back together and start the brake end period.

Taco4x4

Just an update. I got my powerhead back when promised but haven't put it all back together yet. Dang it I cant stay out of the woods long enough. I have got to make time for this before the rut kicks in or it will be spring time before it happens. I will update again when I start the break in period. Wish me luck :)