Outbuilding Cost

ChanceHill

I'm looking for a rough estimate of how much it would cost to have a contractor build something like this. Hoping someone here has recently done something similar. I'm looking at a 20X30, 2X4 walls, with 9ft ceilings, insulated and finished with drywall inside. Vinyl siding. One big room. Basic electrical rough in, nothing special. Slab foundation. I'll do the finish electrical, painting, and flooring. Any guesses? Southeast GA, around Sylvania. Thanks for any feedback. Wild guesses and serious estimates are all welcome.

outbuilding.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Someone posted one recently in this thread. Lots of buildings shown here.
Good luck on your shop building!!

earlthegoat2

As an slightly similar example, Here is a 24x40 I built myself in 2016 for $25,000

2x6 walls 10 feet high.
6” concrete poured by a contractor
7/16 sheathing inside (instead of drywall), outside, and on the roof
Hardie board siding
26ga metal roof
Electrical and plumbing
Fiberglass insulation in the walls

I’m know this won’t help much.

63708F48-BE04-4C52-8A92-E9FA6B4C838B.jpeg

ChanceHill

As an slightly similar example, Here is a 24x40 I built myself in 2016 for $25,000

2x6 walls 10 feet high.
6” concrete poured by a contractor
7/16 sheathing inside (instead of drywall), outside, and on the roof
Hardie board siding
26ga metal roof
Electrical and plumbing
Fiberglass insulation in the walls

I’m know this won’t help much.

View attachment 1204561

That's a good looking building! I built a 12X20 similar to that in 2014 for less than $10000. But, of course, everything is twice as expensive now compared to 2014. I have the skills to do the 20X30, but not the time. Plus, I have burned through 9 years of prime youth and energy since then. haha Depending on the cost I may have to break out the framing nailer again though.

DAWG1419

I’m going to build a 36’x 36’ 3 car garage and was quoted $61k. Unfinished inside but have plumbing(future bathroom). Was at cost. I’m going to sub it myself and save very little. I cleared and padded it up myself. I have more time than money so I’m gonna pay as we build. Haven’t poured the slab yet. Thinking about pouring the slab in May.

SC Hunter

You'll be about 50 to 60k in my area in the Sumter, Schley, Macon county area. I don't know what things run in your neck of the woods.