Outcome of Chad's penalty

ryano

Banned
Chad Knaus will return atop the No. 48 pit box at Bristol in late March.

Credit: Autostock

Knaus suspended through Atlanta
No. 48 team loses no points, but crew chief fined $25,000
NASCAR.COM
February 21, 2006
04:08 PM EST (21:08 GMT)

CONCORD, N.C. -- NASCAR announced Tuesday that four penalties have been issued to two NASCAR Nextel Cup Series teams, as a result of rule violations this past weekend at Daytona International Speedway.

Credit: Autostock

ALSO
Hendrick Motorsports owner Rick Hendrick said Monday morning that barring unforeseen circumstances, the organization would not appeal what they feel is a certain NASCAR suspension of crew chief Chad Knaus.

• Complete story, click here

Chad Knaus, crew chief for the No. 48 Chevrolet driven by Jimmie Johnson, has been fined $25,000 and suspended from all NASCAR events until March 22, 2006.

Knaus has also been placed on probation until Dec. 31, 2006. The penalties come because of an unapproved template modification to the rear window area, violating Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 20-3.12.1 (A) (unapproved template modification.) of the 2006 NASCAR Rule book.

The violation was discovered during Feb. 12 post-qualifying inspection for the Daytona 500. On Feb. 13, NASCAR ejected Knaus from further participation in Daytona 500 activities as a result of the violation.

Three penalties were assessed to the No. 96 Chevrolet team, due to the use of an unapproved carburetor, a violation of Section 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 12-4-Q (car, car parts, components and/or equipment that do not conform to NASCAR rules) of the 2006 NASCAR Rule Book.

Crew chief Philippe Lopez was fined $25,000; driver Terry Labonte was penalized with the loss of 25 driver championship points; and car owner William Saunders was penalized 25 owner championship points.

This rule violation was also discovered during post-qualifying inspection for the Daytona 500.

marknga

GONetwork Member
Suspension doesn't suprise me nor the fine...............
suprised the team didn't take a points hit though.

Well this ought to stir up the "48 haters".

At least Chad has a real nice motorhome to spend his off time in!;)

Mark

ryano

Banned
marknga said:
Suspension doesn't suprise me nor the fine...............
suprised the team didn't take a points hit though.

Well this ought to stir up the "48 haters".

At least Chad has a real nice motorhome to spend his off time in!;)

Mark

Im suprised they didnt take a hit in points too since Terry Labonte and Hall of Fame racing did.........

Oh well, water under the bridge now..........Gonna be interesting if JJ wins a championship by less than 25 points this year :D

Nice plug about the motorhome Mark! :clap:

Woody's Janitor

You just gotta LOVE NASCAR!!!!!! This is funny. Labonte loses points and J.J. don't. I love Nascar's insane thinking. NASCAR will soon be teaming up with WWE ! That will be some shore nuff entertainment!

Perry Hayes

I think Jimmie would be better off if they took points away from him as they did Terry. It's not going to help his popularity one bit.

ryano

Banned
Woody's Janitor said:
You just gotta LOVE NASCAR!!!!!! This is funny. Labonte loses points and J.J. don't. I love Nascar's insane thinking. NASCAR will soon be teaming up with WWE ! That will be some shore nuff entertainment!

I have to agree with you WJ.

As I seen it put on a racing board earlier......If Hendrick is capable of bribing Honda V.P.'s, doctors and the President, what makes us think he cant bribe Nascar? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

For the record, Terry's carb would have been legal on EVERY other track but Daytona and Talladega. It could have very well have been a mistake made by a rookie team. Chad flat out cheated and they slapped the 48 team on the wrist :rolleyes: As if him being away from the track is going to affect the team in anyway. The cars are prepped at the shops and he is still allowed to talk to the team via email and cell phone.

Nascar is very consistent at being inconsistent :rolleyes:

Dear Lord, PLEASE ::; ::; dont let Tony Eury Jr EVEN think about trying anything stupid as I will NEVER hear the end of it from Keith48........Amen! :bounce: :rofl: ::ke:

Keith48

3and8fan4ever said:
Dear Lord, PLEASE ::; ::; dont let Tony Eury Jr EVEN think about trying anything stupid as I will NEVER hear the end of it from Keith48........Amen!

You better keep praying REAL HARD, brother!! :bounce:

I am VERY disappointed that they did not take away points. And it would hurt MY DRIVER. But NASCAR is too inconsistent with their penalties. This is ridiculous! At least you JJ haters have one more thing to hate him for. I love that part of it! :banana:

ryano

Banned
Keith48 said:
You better keep praying REAL HARD, brother!! :bounce:

I am VERY disappointed that they did not take away points. And it would hurt MY DRIVER. But NASCAR is too inconsistent with their penalties. This is ridiculous! At least you JJ haters have one more thing to hate him for. I love that part of it! :banana:

I dont hate JJ! My disgust is at Nascar :) I have no doubts JJ could have made up those points in no time.

Like I said, its going to be real interesting if he wins the Cup this year by less than 25 points........

specialk

3and8fan4ever said:
Dear Lord, PLEASE ::; ::; dont let Tony Eury Jr EVEN think about trying anything stupid as I will NEVER hear the end of it from Keith48........Amen! :bounce: :rofl: ::ke:

let him say horse hockey and they will!!!!!

OconeeJim

??

..."I am VERY disappointed that they did not take away points. And it would hurt MY DRIVER. But NASCAR is too inconsistent with their penalties. This is ridiculous! At least you JJ haters have one more thing to hate him for. I love that part of it! "

You love that some people hate JJ ? I just give up !

Meriwether Mike

My wife does not know much about NASCAR, but she did ask when 48 won the race. Is that the one that cheated? ::ke: