Outdoor wma ranges

TroyBoy30

are there any outdoor gun ranges on wma land near Gainesville? Or any outdoor rage for that matter? I’ll buy a hunting license to just to use the range, but one that doesn’t require one would be even better.

bilgerat

Senior
theres one at Wilson shoals wma, it was closed for remodeling a while back, not sure its opened back up yet.

35 Whelen

Directions
From Gainesville: take Highway 365 North, 11 miles from exit 24. Turn right on Mud Creek Road, go 1 mile and turn left of Old Cornelia Highway. Go 0.1 miles and turn right on Yonah Road. Go 2.1 miles and turn left on Grant Mill Road. The range will be 1 mile on the right.

Hours
March 15–October 31
Tuesday–Saturday 9 a.m.–7 p.m.
Sunday 1 p.m.–7 p.m.
November 1–March 14
Tuesday–Saturday 9 a.m.–6 p.m.*
Sunday 1 p.m.–6 p.m.*
*6 p.m. or sunset, whichever is earliest
Closed Easter, Thanksgiving & Christmas.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
are there any outdoor gun ranges on wma land near Gainesville? Or any outdoor rage for that matter? I’ll buy a hunting license to just to use the range, but one that doesn’t require one would be even better.
National Forest 50 yards deep.

Darkhorse

Ocmulgee wma has a outdoor range. I used to shoot there at least once a week for several years. I liked it best before they had range officers.
Then they rebuilt the part s that needed it like the roofs, and hired some range officers. They had some good ones too until they hired this one know it all, then for some reason all the good ones left.
I continued to shoot there until one day another shooter almost shot me in my back while I was posting targets.
It has been several years now but I haven't been back. Just be careful and watch out for the other guy.

TurkeyH90

Yep. They need range officers with the "new AR" crowd Ive seen out there. I dont go anymore. Joined a private range.

biggdogg

I have no experience with the ranges mentioned, but the range officers at Charlie Elliott are top notch. I would imagine all the WMA ranges are about the same, if you want to avoid the crowd, go during the week.