Outfitter recommendations 2023

stringmusic

Did a search and most of the recommendations are a few years old and a lot of places in the country are down on numbers so if anybody has been in the last year or two so we can have a little more up to date info.

Looking to fly somewhere to kill a Merriam or Rio. I’ve hunted Kansas and Nebraska but don’t really care what state.

We really only want something semi guided, as in we don’t want anybody with us while we are hunting, we just need access to property with birds.

Don’t have a specific number for a budget but I ain’t paying $1500 plus to kill a turkey and don’t need to be treated like a king while I’m hunting either.

I’ve killed both birds but really want to get my dad a different bird.

Thanks

Gut_Pile

With all the public land out west, I don't think you're doing anything but wasting your $ to pay an outfitter. Most of them hunt public anyways

stringmusic

With all the public land out west, I don't think you're doing anything but wasting your $ to pay an outfitter. Most of them hunt public anyways
We hunted a ton of public last year in Nebraska and it sucked pretty bad. The year before that we hunted Kanas WIHA and went to probably 30-40 of them, they all sucked horribly too. I killed in both states on private after stopping and asking for permission.

I’m completely down to hunt public land out there but going in blind with no info and bird count down dramatically in so many places just isn’t worth it. I really want my dad to kill a bird out there so I want to pay somebody that 100% has birds.

deast1988

We driving out to Kansas, to diy WIHA. Couldn’t find much, Texas was $1500 a bird. Got a few towns to concentrate on, we were looking at Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma, but decided Kansas with a lil inside info might just be the ticket for us to try,

stringmusic

We driving out to Kansas, to diy WIHA. Couldn’t find much, Texas was $1500 a bird. Got a few towns to concentrate on, we were looking at Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma, but decided Kansas with a lil inside info might just be the ticket for us to try,
Good luck. Maybe farther west than we hunted is better, we were north of Salina. Be prepared to ride and if you see a bird, stop and ask for permission, we went 3 for 4 on asking. If I had it to do over again, all I would do is ride around and ask permission on private ground.