Outhouse Rattler

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Dang! That ain't good! I see an empty black shotgun shell in second pic, did you feed the snake it's contents? :p

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That could go wrong pretty quick on a midnight outhouse trip! Good-looking rattler. Do y'all have the yellow phase up there, too? Around here, you only see a black phase here and there.

Redbow

Maybe the Snake was looking for an outhouse mouse. They might taste better..

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
That is one pretty snake right there.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Awesome snake!

Here in extreme north Georgia, in Towns, Union, upper White Counties, and in Western Rabun, we have a few dark phases. Here's one from Towns County last fall:

View attachment 1033554

Wow, that thing is dark.
The rattlers I saw in the mountains of eastern KY weren’t that dark.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, that thing is dark.
The rattlers I saw in the mountains of eastern KY weren’t that dark.
Here in the western NC mountains, there are two main color phases, olive-yellow with a black tail, and black phase. The yellow phase is more common. Sometimes, you'll see one halfway between the two. Some of the black phase ones are lighter, and some you can't hardly see the markings on.

Here's a lightish black phase one I ran into awhile back that still has good patterns visible:

blackrattler2.jpg

And another intergrade between the two that a friend of mine sent me a pic of a few days ago:

IMG_8105.jpg

Here's a typical yellow-phase that I ran into a couple years ago:

yellowrattler1.jpg

Hillbilly stalker

I believe I would be suring up that outhouse. Wrap it with rat wire or something. You get bit while your squatting.....your gonna find out real quick who your friends are.:rofl::rofl:

Resica

I believe I would be suring up that outhouse. Wrap it with rat wire or something. You get bit while your squatting.....your gonna find out real quick who your friends are.:rofl::rofl:
It has a spring that shuts it. There is a latch laying on the floor inside that hasn't been installed yet. It's only been 13 years and only 2 rattlers seen in outhouse:bounce:. Probably should take the 5 minutes::gone: and install it.