Over the weekend my boys and I found the shell casing from the shot that took...

jfarrell30339

my biggest deer to date. (Profile Picture). So I had looked for it the day I shot him and it never turned up...but yesterday we found it. Any ideas on what to do with it? Deer is out getting mounted and I'm wondering what I can do with the casing. It's in a zip lock bag now in case you need to know. :)

krizia829

my biggest deer to date. (Profile Picture). So I had looked for it the day I shot him and it never turned up...but yesterday we found it. Any ideas on what to do with it? Deer is out getting mounted and I'm wondering what I can do with the casing. It's in a zip lock bag now in case you need to know. :)
We used to put the casing on the brow tine or if the head is on a plaque, you can stick it on there somewhere that it'll look nice

HermanMerman

Take a look at how a sheep’s horn in Alaska is plugged. I thought about doing something similar with the primer end of the shell with the next buck I come across.

Buck70

Cut it off about 1/2 inch from the base. Drill a hole in the plaque and put the shell in the hole with the base showing the spent primer.

Major Wader

I had these done. One from my first Texas deer, and the bulldog for my friend's first deer ever.

16507602_1209655249112854_1110780141_n.jpg

Last edited:

Tadder

Made a key chain out of one for my wife on her biggest. We primarily bow hunt now,so kinda hard too do that with a broadhead. They don't work well in the pocket even dulled up.LOL.Major Wader thats nice.