Overniter

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Christmas Brisket.
I did this early and will refrigerate until Christmas morning when I'll reheat for my family gathering.
I did a nontypical separation of the point and flat portions in order to get the brisket in my cooker. I will smoke it overnight at 225* with lump charcoal and hickory chunks.
I used my wet rub on it and let it set in it since around noon. Meat is on at 7pm. First pic is my ingredients used in my wet rub. I have done many overnight cooks on the Akorn over the years. I sleep thru the cook easy. I got up at 3 to just check then back to bed. All done at 6:45.
20211221_120346.jpg20211221_115411.jpg20211221_122011.jpg20211221_191010.jpg20211222_054650.jpg20211222_064058.jpg

snuffy

Looks GREAT
Don't know how well I would sleep thought. But then again I don't sleep that much anyway!

IIICrkRepr

What’s is your technique for warming back up? Tried to reheat a flat in the oven while down in the Keys one time after 2 days in the fridge, came out tasting more like roast beef than brisket.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
What’s is your technique for warming back up? Tried to reheat a flat in the oven while down in the Keys one time after 2 days in the fridge, came out tasting more like roast beef than brisket.
I plan to reheat in the oven in a little bit of beef broth. Hopefully the rub will enhance the flavor beyond a beef roast taste. But the star of this show will be the burnt ends. They will get a bath in.my BBQ sauce and reheated on the Akorn while a fattie cooks.