Ozonics

shdw633

I’ve been reading about them. My biggest concern is how long a unit will last after purchase. They say 2 or 3 ‘seasons’ - before the coil needs replacing. I wish they would give that in hours - as a ‘season’ varies from person to person. Sometimes I have to work all season. It would probably drop sales if they put ‘200 hours’ on the box for a $500 unit. They offer a 1 time coil replacement for $120 - then they want you to purchase another one after that. Another issue is that they do not send you the same unit back - so if you kept yours clean with the fan and housing in good shape, and stored it in a bag - you may be receiving a replacement that is not in the same condition.

You replace them when you quite smelling the ozone, though you don't want to breathe it in. Once you get one you'll understand and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to replace the element, around $50 or so.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ozonics-HR...1-Year-Warranty-Free-Replacement/173629000774

I have an HR 200 and it's still producing Ozone, I also have a Radial 400B that I have used in the field with success as well and I have a larger ozone generator that I keep in a closet to do my cloths before I go out that cost me about $60. If you would like to try out ozone without breaking the bank on an Ozonics I recommend the generator and to just do your cloths, then you can move up to a Radial 400B which are around $200. I won't even spend the money for an Orion and I believe it works great; however I would buy a used Ozonics and change out the element on it if mine every breaks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ozone-Generator-Air-Purifier-Machine-5000mg-h-Mold-Control-Portable-Home-Indoor/113860736725?_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item1a82a0f6d5:g:sKcAAOSwtEZdJWJL&amdata=enc:AQAFAAACYBaobrjLl8XobRIiIML1V4Imu%2Fn%2BzU5L90Z278x5ickkAgU0umhwUTmgTFbE5cu7zZqZxs6d5wXJ63rTf4u5IVxIemdeXf9PHjK%2FVIbwUHm0thv8YR8eppLWC4KevG40zA%2BN8UAGb%2FtMnvCjOtcj6GIi79MvNrOlM7CglpgCkKx1SICWGghRZn0Yf2kSyBDpdY0D5mvl4AbA2fHlb7jBImQI6KwjnVVV5f%2B%2BIcGmWYHlsz95%2BbiE5LrIW%2BOf35xMvfyu27nFzhCG3ya%2BhEoHw7iNFSCdBQpJFwFuODK0wjh90Eb75gDV0TDpIyfaBxJDMWuUe05M3n8FVRiBauyljB8chXepdchFeNRHpq57YKnhx9%2BcbrwPDZAePWTyEkFcLcRAs5kArSqq1dsRYVkELhQkERweftbxqyGjkWZXb%2FWzv5PPZvmqCCzeU%2BhKrIGzEcp8aqgUDUcwpMGkdrD4veIIRktI2umhl2VqTxh%2B4oJJYlqxUTJcZwh1zpJkgqTugI18kMVysz0d6cB5w%2BrTV5d1Wp6Tn1xXuQuwBgmGXmyc9vbACrIdCl1lk36jwGCPVYOaB38BP86t7P4GmiNk%2BDtXQFx9UcSYSxYhHO2YmScAti%2FhGBz3HLlSmTVn8KnHt7JIR2xdx8ol%2B1GXgZtSCUq0OjE%2BZlf9m6KQFWO174Dev9f%2BG9HmokUJjVOlxI%2FOIF1vbVMHvlWWVDN2B3lZwRUJTXzbhpFho6BBXHT6qNyiW3SgzJTnCRN%2BBwJ4mOICScPo23O%2Bg0ihmEWC%2F0jQoB3oCAY02pEUzAnMc8t5fFSK|cksum:1138607367259ba8f3e8557441b3973427f2b7540acd|ampid:pL_CLK|clp:2334524

TBarnes

Not to Hijack this thread but it’s relevant given some the responses about the ozonics being another large item to carry in or not worth the cost.

There are a ton of other brands that are much more compact and much cheaper. I know you get what you pay for, but are any of the more compact scent control products worth their costs?

Liberty

Not to Hijack this thread but it’s relevant given some the responses about the ozonics being another large item to carry in or not worth the cost.

There are a ton of other brands that are much more compact and much cheaper. I know you get what you pay for, but are any of the more compact scent control products worth their costs?

This is what I use in the blind. I don't run it constantly unless there is some breeze due to safety considerations. 20200927_192807.jpg

crasm1

Does anyone have experience with the Ozonics units?
I see a 230, 200, 300, and Orion. Is there really a difference - or do they just change the label every year for $100 more?
i have 3 game changers that have improved my hunting. 1 Sitka gear 5 years ago. 2 is Ozonics 3 years ago and 3 Quiet Kat Ebike last year. Ozonics works, get which ever one you can. Wait for the deals they offer like free drywash bag. All 3 are amazing tools

Tight Lines

i have 3 game changers that have improved my hunting. 1 Sitka gear 5 years ago. 2 is Ozonics 3 years ago and 3 Quiet Kat Ebike last year. Ozonics works, get which ever one you can. Wait for the deals they offer like free drywash bag. All 3 are amazing tools

I agree with this...not just Sitka, but performance outerwear in general, and the transportation devices we have...whether the ebikes or electric side by sides, and overall scent management...

Gaswamp

thinking about getting a unit for a small bathroom and hunting closet

shdw633

thinking about getting a unit for a small bathroom and hunting closet

Get the 5000 mg for $60 and you will be able to adjust the time that it runs for better coverage and you can always use it in the closet for your cloths prior to hunting. Don't use it on anything plastic or rubber as ozone eats away at those two thing. I had the soles of my snakes boots come off because the ozone ate the glue off of them.

wtruax

I use the orion, I like it. I still try and pay attention to the wind, but in Ga the winds changes direction every few min it seems. I think it help especially when I have one of the kids with me, that are not as nuts as me about scent control. And my daughter refuses to use no scent shampoo, but at least she is in the stand with me.

Be careful it does make some people sneeze and have an allergy like runny nose, especially if you have it in a blind with you.

I have a cheaper box style AC one (got it on amazon) that I use in my changing shed and it makes it so I dont have to take close home so much for laundry. It can be used as a dry cleaner, but that one can really make you get choked up if you breath it in.

Bubba_1122

Guess the blind hog occasionally gets the acorn.

After reading this thread a few days ago I Googled Ozonics. Was a link to eBay and I went in there. Found a brand new listing with a Buy it Now for an Ozonics HR-300. Listing said had won it at an auction and it hadn't been used other than to check it out. Had everything that comes with it from the factory.

I thought what the heck. For $100 I'd roll the dice and give it a try (figured at that price it likely wouldn't work but I could sell the mount, battery, charger, case and other parts and not come out too far from whole).

Just got home from work and my new Ozonics was here. When I say new I mean it's just like new. Works like a charm. And the BONUS: not only does it work well but it has a spare battery (and not just a spare battery but the XL model (extended run time). Those cost $110 each (more than I paid for the unit).

It's kind of like I paid for the extra battery and got a free $450 Ozonics unit.

Getting everything to full charge and using it in the morning.

If it works as well as some in here have indicated that'll be awesome.

A good day in LoCo, GA.

Bubba_1122

Do not let it get wet. Period.

Pack it in. Pack it out.
I wonder if could cover it with a gallon zip loc bag or a small (4 gallon) trash bag to protect it from moisture. Course if you leave the bracket and take just the machine it’d take just about a second to take down).

Preston, just a FYI - you can buy the re-furbish kit (Includes fan, etc) on Amazon for a whole lot less than $120 (for around $70 or so. Can get just the coil for less).

Last edited:

Todd E

@Bubba_1122 I wouldn't. It has to be open on bottom and front. Air in and air out. Electronics and moisture just don't mix.

Congrats on your steal.

Bubba_1122

@Bubba_1122 I wouldn't. It has to be open on bottom and front. Air in and air out. Electronics and moisture just don't mix.

Congrats on your steal.

Thanks! Hope it's a worthwhile hunting tool.

I wasn't talking about running it with the bags on it. I was talking about leaving it on the tree overnight as post 18 asked ( I didn't refer to that post specifically though which would be confusing). :)