Panama City inshore

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Questions:
Have you found a place that has good boating accommodations? Dock? Power at the dock? Trailer parking? Fish cleaning area? Etc?

fairweather

Questions:
Have you found a place that has good boating accommodations? Dock? Power at the dock? Trailer parking? Fish cleaning area? Etc?
Moving you east a bit more, Presnell's in Port St. Joe has all of that if you would like to fish that bay or head out to the Gulf.

1eyefishing

Moving you east a bit more, Presnell's in Port St. Joe has all of that if you would like to fish that bay or head out to the Gulf.
Yup, I love Saint Joe Bay. The last time a fished there I stayed at nay city lodge in Apalachicola and just made the drive to presnells. Fished PSJ nearly a dozen times since 2004. Love it! My new boat REALLY needs to go there! The new presnells is really nice!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Yup, I love Saint Joe Bay. The last time a fished there I stayed at nay city lodge in Apalachicola and just made the drive to presnells. Fished PSJ nearly a dozen times since 2004. Love it! My new boat REALLY needs to go there! The new presnells is really nice!

St Joe Bay is my "home base" for The Forgotten Coast fishing. I`m down there a lot.

1eyefishing

I'd re locate one of my campers around there in a heartbeat if I could find a place for about $350 a month…
Really intrested in buying something cheap around there, but everything has been so trashed the past couple years...
Maybe it's about time for another look around. My wife and I aren't really into the Pensacola area, but the fishery is huge and varied.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Those are nice. The last time I fished for them was before they imposed the 10 fish limit.

I used to love it when the limit was 50 per person, per day.

I`m still looking for a piece of land to buy, an acre or two from Apalach to Port St Joe.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I used to love it when the limit was 50 per person, per day.

I`m still looking for a piece of land to buy, an acre or two from Apalach to Port St Joe.
Nic,I know that I haven't been to the Gulf much, but the old stories I've heard are exciting. The stories of 75 years or so ago,catching shrimp,gigging flounders,harvesting oysters,catching trout by the boatload within paddle distance of shore,things along those lines. All these activities on some isolated, lonely stretch of beach where you saw very few other people. People had these little places and enjoyed them for generations until big populations and commercialization killed it. That must have been really special.

fairweather

I'd re locate one of my campers around there in a heartbeat if I could find a place for about $350 a month…
Really intrested in buying something cheap around there, but everything has been so trashed the past couple years...
Maybe it's about time for another look around. My wife and I aren't really into the Pensacola area, but the fishery is huge and varied.
I keep a camper parked at Presnell's storage for $60/month and drag it across the street to their campground when it's time to fish. I make it 5 or 6 times a year.

1eyefishing

I keep a camper parked at Presnell's storage for $60/month and drag it across the street to their campground when it's time to fish. I make it 5 or 6 times a year.

Screenshot_20200120-224821_Google.jpg

Bells ringing, wheels turning, I'm smelling smoke...
Got it!... Maybe I move my big comfortable camper to St Marks and move my little travel camper to presnels and part time to hunt camp!
I wonder how much for active week or month in the campground?

fairweather

View attachment 999647

Bells ringing, wheels turning, I'm smelling smoke...
Got it!... Maybe I move my big comfortable camper to St Marks and move my little travel camper to presnels and part time to hunt camp!
I wonder how much for active week or month in the campground?
From the www.presnells.com web site:

Year Round Rates
Water Front (Sites 6-25): $69.50/night $419.50/week $975.00*/month
All Other RV Sites: $59.50/night $357.50/week $899.50/month

*December through March only.

fairweather

:hair:
I think the fires out!
Some day the state park will reopen to camping. It will be about half that. The beach and dune restoration was just completed, and construction of the road to the campgrounds should begin before too long.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Presnells is a rip off....we did survey work along the road and lets say management was very unfriendly.

Swamprat

Swamprat
And Presnell is no where close to PCB