Panther Attack

This guy was attacked TWICE by a grizzly Sow probably weighing about 1k pounds i would guess. So if you compare what this guy looked like after being attacked by a 1k pound grizzly 2 times VS a florida panther (weighing between 100-120lbs) jumping on this dude for a split second, I'm thinking its definitely possible that he is telling the truth. I don't think you necessarily have to have half your face pulled off or look like Hannibal Lecter got a hold of you to prove you were attacked by a florida panther, just saying

PS. Ol' Dave Owens (Pinhoti Project) florida hunt last year had the black panther stalking them on video, so i think they will be more common in the future

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
This guy was attacked TWICE by a grizzly Sow probably weighing about 1k pounds i would guess. So if you compare what this guy looked like after being attacked by a 1k pound grizzly 2 times VS a florida panther (weighing between 100-120lbs) jumping on this dude for a split second, I'm thinking its definitely possible that he is telling the truth. I don't think you necessarily have to have half your face pulled off or look like Hannibal Lecter got a hold of you to prove you were attacked by a florida panther, just saying

PS. Ol' Dave Owens (Pinhoti Project) florida hunt last year had the black panther stalking them on video, so i think they will be more common in the future

Leopards are smaller than mountain lions, and they are the most feared animal in Africa- a continent that is full of giant, nasty, vicious animals. And if they have a black panther on film, that's amazing, because there has never been one documented in recorded history. Florida panthers aren't black, never have been, and never will be. They are tan, like all pumas.

DAVE

Nothing to do with Spook, but I do know the guy who got attacked. It is definitely true. He said the panther left him alone after it realized what he was. He has no hard feelings toward the cat, it was just hunting.
So, you were there when the attack happened?

nmurph

Leopards are smaller than mountain lions, and they are the most feared animal in Africa- a continent that is full of giant, nasty, vicious animals. And if they have a black panther on film, that's amazing, because there has never been one documented in recorded history. Florida panthers aren't black, never have been, and never will be. They are tan, like all pumas.

Yep... it's biologically impossible for them to be black.

Fast forward to 31:50 and the panther pops out, this is after they done killed the bird, they just chillin smoking cigars
Whatever color he is, the main point was that after seeing a panther get curious and stalk in on these boys, I think it's very possible a panther attacked this other guy and just didnt do the damage to him that it could have

Last Minute

The Florida Panther is no more...we've got the same cats asTexas and they are THICK THICK THICK... Theres wayy more than the state will admit to due to monetary gain and our woods are suffering because of it. They just wrapped up a 5 year study down here in the heart of the "panther" epidemic. The first 4 years of the study they caught and collared 100 whitetail deer and whenever one was killed they sent a team in to determine what killed it...in the first month or so 38 of the 100 were killed and 36 were confirmed puma kills. Fast forward to the end of the study...with a constant 100 deer collared over 80% were killed by cougars...1 shot by a hunter and only a few to coyotes and alligators and 0 by the pythons. We used to be covered up in hogs...used to see hundreds just driving around the woods but the cats have just about wiped them out. Go Turkey hunting down here and theres a good chance you'll call them in. Had some buddy's call in 5 different cats then one pounced on their decoys...

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Fast forward to 31:50 and the panther pops out, this is after they done killed the bird, they just chillin smoking cigars
Whatever color he is, the main point was that after seeing a panther get curious and stalk in on these boys, I think it's very possible a panther attacked this other guy and just didnt do the damage to him that it could have
It was normal panther tan, not black. :) Yeah, it's quite possible that a panther took a swipe at the guy. If it did, he's very lucky that he only sustained minor scratches, because one of those things can slice, dice, and julienne you if they want to. Luckily, they usually aren't aggressive.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)

I would lay a 50:50 wager his 'injuries' occurred as a result of a 2 legged panther, prior to him going to the woods. His eyes and countenance look favor more of one who had just got out of a domestic encounter than a panther attack. Mine would have been big as pie plates and I would have been pale as a ghost. Either that or what I call a bamboo thorn vine. Those jokers will make you wish for a panther fight. Just check his trousers. That will tell the tale.