PART OF GETTING READY...

dm/wolfskin

Are you shooting with/stretching a new string and breaking in a spare shooting glove or tab? Always good to have a back-up!
There's LOTS of thistle down avaiable right now if you're looking for a wind tester. Don't put off going to gather it or it maybe all gone.
Just watch out for them stickers.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Are you shooting with/stretching a new string and breaking in a spare shooting glove or tab? Always good to have a back-up!
There's LOTS of thistle down avaiable right now if you're looking for a wind tester. Don't put off going to gather it or it maybe all gone.
A lot of land owners don’t want anyone spreading thistle on their property. If you want something natural gather up fine dirt and burn it in a pot to completely dry it then grind it into face powder consistency with a grinding bowl. Place in a container to release when needed.
Very good info on the bow string and glove backup.

dm/wolfskin

A lot of land owners don’t want anyone spreading thistle on their property. If you want something natural gather up fine dirt and burn it in a pot to completely dry it then grind it into face powder consistency with a grinding bowl. Place in a container to release when needed.
Very good info on the bow string and glove backup.
You don't have the seed in it.

dm/wolfskin

I have a small battle of ashes from my wood stove for a wind indicator that been put through a slieve for fine dust. But to get a real good idea of where the wind in going I use these floaters this past year. I'm amazed on how the wind changes direction using floaters from plants. I use horseweed last year after drying it in a cloth bag in my clothes dryer and then processing it. Course milkweed, cattails are a good source along with thistle. Releasing these floater from up in a tree stand really tells how the wind currents goes. Evidently there might be several layers of wind currents. That why you get busted when you think you have the wind in your favor. Nothing you can do about but it's very interesting while waiting for a critter to come by.