Past year

Liquid nails

Thought I would post a few that I’ve put on my workshop wall. Walgreens has a coupon for 50% off their posters. All those are 24”x36”. $15 a pop. It’s hard deciding on which ones to print. These are the biggest in the past year. To my knowledge every fish we have released has survived. I take extra steps there. Surpassed number wise over 10lbs from last year with (43) but the fish over 20lbs we have not been as good at (9). Lots of time left in the year and I can’t wait to find them when the water cools back down. I know where them suckers will be. 31689577-9533-4E6B-AAB5-5C9070F899BA.jpeg
Love those stripes!!

Liquid nails

“Hi, my name is liquid nails”

“Hi, liquid nails” says the group

“I have a problem and it involves fish with stripes down the side. I need help.”

Ahh the addiction. I’ve ruined more kids than I care to speak of fishing for these things than I’d like to admit. It’s a disease. It’s the heartaches of getting spooled while anchored and knowing there’s nothing you can do about it. Line breaks. It’s getting a 50+lb fish to the surface in the dead of winter when surface temps are mid 40’s and and they are full power only to get a glimpse and it make another run and snag you in a tree 20’ down. It’s having multiple rods go off pulling planers and the short-right rod goes off peeling line and the 8/0 hook straightenes. It’s almost getting killed a month ago in a microburst with hail and big waves only to have the best day ever (12 fish over 10lbs with one over 20). Man I love it. It’s the way I detach from the hustle of life. I enjoy taking kids and that the way I do it. I could care less to reel one in. Finding them is my passion. As much as I like to see them swim in the net, I get just as much enjoyment seeing them swim off. Good stuff!

Love those stripes!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Nice fishing for sure!

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
It's about go time for sure. October and November have become two of my favorite months to get after them. When they come from their summer haunts they are hungry! Big baits and big fish!

tr21

It's about go time for sure. October and November have become two of my favorite months to get after them. When they come from their summer haunts they are hungry! Big baits and big fish!
yes sir that was my favorite time of the year on west point. i used to tell people when baseball playoffs start the fish turn on ! my other favorite time is the last week of February, man could load the boat that week !