Pastors who have a drink

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
I can see the pharisees bound up in legalism and trying to make others sons of **** with their silly rules from twisting Scripture.

Let me set this straight. I'm not trying to bind up anyone with anything. I can only speak to my experience, what it has taught me and my relationship with God and what he has taught me. I don't have to answer for your actions or your interpretation of scriptures. I only have to answer to how well I walk in God's will for me every day and that's enough to keep me busy. The point remains. Is drinking a sin? My understanding of scripture is something along these lines. If I engage in an act of any kind that I know full well has the potential to cause another person to destroy themselves if they emulate it, then that's a sin......MY sin. You may understand it differently. Like I said, I'm not accountable for that.

LittleDrummerBoy

Y'all do know the Pilgrims and Puritans highly valued beer, right?

It would be hypocritical to sing their praises while considering drinking in moderation to be a sin among modern Christians. But then it's also hypocritical to consider the Scripture as the ultimate authority of matters of faith and practice while claiming moderate drinking is a sin.

So, some folks are just good at hypocrisy.

Israel

BANNED

Last edited:

j_seph

"Here is what I have seen to be good and fitting: to eat, to drink and enjoy oneself in all one’s labor in which he toils under the sun during the few years of his life which God has given him; for this is his reward."

18 Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his portion.

May need to go back and read 1-17 to get to vs 18.

LittleDrummerBoy