Paulding Forest WMA Camping and Trapping?

lukeclem4901

Banned PUNK
This is one of the weirdest and most confusing wmas I have ever been to. I notice that at the boundary signs it mentions trapping with authorization. I was under the impression that you can't trap on wmas, only private land and national forests... Is trapping allowed or did they just put that on the signs for no reason? Also, what's the rules on primitive camping? I was assuming it'd be like Sheffield, where you can only camp in the designated camping area but I saw old campfires all throughout the forests where it looked like people just backpacked in there.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
My understanding is paulding Forest has no designated camp grounds. I am not sure about the trapping. I would call dnr for that.

Last edited:

transfixer

Don't know about the trapping or designated campgrounds, actually didn't know they had campgrounds, I don't live far from there, just never go to that wma, I do know the locals that live around there aren't going to worry about rules much, if they want to go camp and build a fire somewhere they will ,,, especially the teenagers.

Wayne D Davis

I don't think hiking in and camping would be a good idea during a hunt but I was told I could camp where I wanted to

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
A lands pass gives you access to the WMA......i don’t believe there are dates involved other than a 12 month pass. A hunting License does the same thing, gives you access.
HAVE AT IT, like the man said! PF is another gem