PCB bait shop

plank

plan to fish on the beach and maybe at the state park one day. Is there any where to by live bait close by? Sand fleas, shrimp, maybe mullet? I usually just fish with fresh dead and have some success, but we will be there for an entire week and would like to give it good effort on couple of the days. Thanks in advance for any info or advice

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Half Hitch used to sell shrimp and mud minnows. They were hit by the storm so no sure if they’re back selling live bait. I did buy some frozen from them a few weeks ago.

Limitless

I'm not sure where you can get live right now in PCB, but if anyone can help it will be Half Hitch. Those are some good folks and very helpful.

Where ar you staying, I' m here as well and down on the west end - Laguna beach area. I was down abour 2 weeks ago and got a few sandfleas in a rake. You could get one at half hitch and maybe get some one the beach. Good luck.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
It`s a shame they closed the Half Hitch in Port St Joe. That was a good store too.

tvillenole

Fished last weekend at the state park on the jetty. Plenty of mackerel being caught. Few nice sheepshead and reds too.

captbrian

Half hitch, Howells, and Florida Watersports are all open for business with dead and live bait

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Oh no...I knew it took a bad hit with Michael, but kinda assumed they would rebuild. Is Blue Water back open do you know Nic?

I haven`t heard where Blue Water is back open or not, but I`ll be headed down there soon and will let you know.

It`s my understanding that Half Hitch won`t be opening back up in Port St Joe at all.

Rabun

Thanks...yes please do. Hope you get into some nice fishing. If you get out on the cape and state park area, would surely appreciate an update on how they are coming with repairs. I do understand that eagle harbor boat ramp is back open. I have a trip planned for early June on the cape. Here's what is on Half Hitch's web site...bummer

Due to the effects of Hurricane Michael, we have permanently closed our Port St. Joe location. For any questions please call 850-249-5234.