Peace in all this turmoil.

SemperFiDawg

Political Forum Arbiter of Truth (And Lies Too)
For any concerned about the turmoil in the news today, remember this and every day is just as The Lord has ordained it. It is exactly as it should be according to his perfect plan. If I fret it’s a sure indicator that I’m not trusting that Christ is in control. Just a note to self.

Waddams

Everything that's happening is what was predicted in scriptures, and even said by Jesus to be necessary and must happen before Christ's return, our restoration to God, and God's final remaking and restoring His creation to his perfect intent for it. If nothing else, when it's all unfolded and finally finished, we'll be able to look back and know the difference of life with or without being connected to God. I don't know about God's will and intent, but I know I'll at least know and appreciate the differences between now and then, and fully appreciate that God didn't let his fallen creation rot, decay, and die into nothingness.

gordon 2

You have to wonder about the usefulness of democracy and choice since the Lord ordains events?

Someone that would prefer a political party or philosophy over another might be weak in trusting Christ and yet declare Him in control?

2 questions.

The nations with a one party political apparatus might know something about the Lord we don't and practice what we preach.

1 comment.

Last edited:

Israel

BANNED
In a world that boasts its power over all things to man in its claims to grant either peace or grief as it will, it is good to know the Lord. To be rescued from the will of man is no small work nor wonder and such peace is to be known when the man appreciates that includes his own as well.

hummerpoo

Gone but not forgotten
This internal preface was given to commentary on Romans 2:6-10, in a Commentary on Romans, to show the contrast between the carnal experience and the revealed eternal experience of the passage. Perhaps it will encourage some in this time.

"Patient continuance is so altogether necessary that no work can be good in which patient continuance is lacking. The world is so utterly perverse and Satan is so heinously wicked that he cannot allow any good work to be done, but he must persecute it. However, in this very way God, in His wonderful wisdom, proves what work is good and pleasing to Him. Here the rule holds: As long as we do good and for our good do not encounter contradiction, hatred, and all manner of disagreeable and disadvantageous things, so we must fear that our good work as yet is not pleasing to God; for just so long it is not yet done with patient continuance. But when our good work is followed by persecution, let us rejoice and firmly believe that it is pleasing to God; indeed, then let us be assured that it comes from God, for whatever is of God is bound to be crucified by the world. As long as it does not bring the cross, that is, as long as it does not bring shame and contempt as we patiently continue in it, it cannot be esteemed as a devine work since even the Son of God was not free from it — but left us an example in this. He Himself tells us in Matthew 5:10,12: "Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake ... Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven."

"Those who complain are chagrined when they suffer for doing good show by this that their good work is not of God, but something which they have presumed to do moved by self-sufficiency. Such persons do good for their own sake, either seeking honor and glory by it, or trying to avoid slander, defamation, and hatred to which omission of the good might subject them. Their chagrin and suffering shows very clearly that they did not do good for God's sake, in true humility and from love, but for their own sake, in particular, for their good reputation, and so from secret self-love and pride. Those who lovingly and humbly do good for God's sake will say , if praised: "As I have not begun it to be praised, so I will not continue it for the sake of praise." If reproved they say: "As I have not begun it to be criticized, so I will not discontinue it because of my critics." They therefore continue to do good from love to God and are protected against the dangers both of flattery and criticism. In Hebrews 10:36 we read: "For ye have need of patience, that after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise."

"The pagan proverb of Cicero, "Virtue increases in proportion as it is praised," should be treated with scorn in the Church and rejected; for the Apostle declares the opposite to be true when he says in II Corinthians 12:10 "I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." Carnal virtue indeed grows by praise, because it seeks praise, but Christian virtue grows despite criticism and suffering, while it is destroyed by praise if the heart takes pleasure in adulation. Carnal virtue which increases by praise, turns into wrath and despair if it is criticized."

Israel

BANNED
"B-b-but I was only trying to help" cried the weasel...who still refused to laugh.