Peanut Butter, Jelly & Ribs????

ryork

Oh yeah!!! Put a couple racks of baby backs on mid-morning while I was messing around getting more of my garden in. Made a finishing sauce from peanut butter, homemade muscadine jelly, a little Yeungling, a shot of w'shire, and a shot of Sweet Baby Ray's sauce from the store. Absolute, hands down, best ribs I've ever personally made. Served with some tater salad.4-5 (9).jpg4-5 (10).jpg4-5 (11).jpg4-5 (12).jpg4-5 (13).jpg

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Those sure look good. Post up that sauce recipe. May have to try that.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Things that make one just go...Hummmmmm!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know about peanut butter and jelly sauce, but those sure look good! I'd bite 'em for sure.

ryork

Don't know about peanut butter and jelly sauce, but those sure look good! I'd bite 'em for sure.

I bet you would like it! I know you like peanut sauce for Thai food, this is similar just sweeter which is a natural thing to go with BBQ type meats. Going to do it again soon with strawberry preserves!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Oh yeah!!! Put a couple racks of baby backs on mid-morning while I was messing around getting more of my garden in. Made a finishing sauce from peanut butter, homemade muscadine jelly, a little Yeungling, a shot of w'shire, and a shot of Sweet Baby Ray's sauce from the store. Absolute, hands down, best ribs I've ever personally made. Served with some tater salad.View attachment 1010834View attachment 1010835View attachment 1010836View attachment 1010837View attachment 1010838
Beauties!!! I gotta try that sauce.

ryork

Those sure look good. Post up that sauce recipe. May have to try that.

Equal parts peanut butter and jelly, I used muscadine, but grape would work and I'm going to eventually try strawberry preserves this way. Put in a sauce pan over low-med heat and start the jelly melting, stir until its mixed up fairly well. Add some lager, porter, or stout type beer, I used about a cup of PB and jelly each, and maybe put a 1/2 cup of the beer in there. Then add a dash or three of w'shire sauce, and a 2 tablespoons more or less of a store bought BBQ sauce or chili sauce, maybe even something like Hoisin sauce, and then let all that simmer for a little while until thick.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I bet you would like it! I know you like peanut sauce for Thai food, this is similar just sweeter which is a natural thing to go with BBQ type meats. Going to do it again soon with strawberry preserves!
That's kind of what I was thinking. I like to use apricot preserves to make sauces for grilled meat sometimes.

Latest posts