Peep eliminator anybody?

bogobble

I just ordered one. I cannot shoot accurately to save my life. Shot a nice buck Friday evening , pass through, but to high . Aibove the lungs I think, no vitals. No lung bubbles, no gut shot. This is the third deer I've wounded in the last 5 or so yrs. I HATE to wound a deer! Makes me sick . I have to try something, and the no peep sure seems like it would be easier to shoot consistently. Any of y'all tried one?

CurLee

Are you not using a peep now? If you are, have you tried using a larger diameter?

If you're not using a peep, you need to examine your form and specifically your anchor point(s).
Get consistent before you tote that bow back in the woods! Lack of confidence plus buck fever is a bad combination...

I never shot a peep, just used consistent two point anchor, until I bought a newer bow that I could NOT shoot accurately without one. Ended up bumping the diameter up until my eyes were comfortable with it and I was comfortable with the better low light visibility and sight picture.

Consistent anchor is still priority! No gadget will fix that.

bogobble

Hadn't used a peep in probly 30 yrs. Can't see through a peep not even a 5 /16 th , eyes are just to bad. Anchor knuckle behind ear, string on nose, and was using a kisser button, but just use the 2 anchor point now. Nutt, the peep eliminator attaches to your bow and is positioned between inside riser and string. It has a V sight with 2 small fiber optic dots on the V .you line your front sight in the V kinda like the old rifle sights. Seems like a good concept to me. But yes, you still have to maintain your anchor points. The peep eliminator has been around for probly 30 yrs. Similar to the hind sight, and the no peep.

Kris87

Before the shot on the deer, how were you shooting in the yard?

beretta

I haven't used a peep sight in 15 years. It's the face on bubble level similar to the ones used in the IQ series of sights. No-Peep by TImberline, which I believe is out of business.
no-peep.jpg

bogobble

No, from the ground. But my ladder stands are only 15' wouldn't think that height would make lot of difference would it?

bogobble

Update on my peep eliminator. Finally got it sighted in. Really think I'm goin to like this thing. I know 4" groups at 20 yds aint tournament shootin but a little more practice and I think I can make it 3".

flintlock hunter

No, from the ground. But my ladder stands are only 15' wouldn't think that height would make lot of difference would it?

There really is a reason bows tend to shoot higher from an elevated position. What you may want to try is being absolutely sure your arms and shoulders are i the exact same position either on the ground or from a tree stand. This is where the "bend at the waist" thing got started, and if a broom stick can't rest on both shoulders while at full draw reguardless of the height of your stand, you need to work on your form just as CurLee indicated. Without consistant form on every shot things likely won't go well.

Pretty nice shootin' on that Yellow Jacket target! One ragged hole is pretty darn good!