Pelican Catch 100 First Kayak

RamblinWreck

Luke... I am not your father. :cool:

Sorry, you remind me of Mark Hamil in that pic. You could probably pull off Skywalker on Halloween.

Nice rig, I love having a motor on my nucanoe.

BowanaLee

Jocko, it might nick the boat while its up out of the water but I don't run it much like that. I can spin it around down. Its farther away than it looks. :)

Mickey, I've already tried it in a pond and it worked great.

Just mounted my Garmin striker 4 and outriggers. Might get a chance to try it out tomorrow ?

Attachments

• IMG_1878.jpg resized.jpg
    IMG_1878.jpg resized.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 32

stubrew

Weagle, how is your Catch 100 holding up after one full year of use? Any significant wear? I've been watching this thread, and reading other reviews for a while, and am just about ready to buy one.

weagle

Weagle, how is your Catch 100 holding up after one full year of use? Any significant wear? I've been watching this thread, and reading other reviews for a while, and am just about ready to buy one.

It's awesome. No problems at all and I've fished it pretty hard and drug it across a lot of rocks. It has plenty of rock rash on the hull, but it's superficial only.

stubrew

It's awesome. No problems at all and I've fished it pretty hard and drug it across a lot of rocks. It has plenty of rock rash on the hull, but it's superficial only.

Thanks man. That"s what I was hoping to hear, weagle. I have fully over-researched this deal, and the catch 100 just seems to be the one for me.

weagle

It's only about 5 minutes from my house to this spot on the Hooch. I've probably launched here 30+ times, dragging the Pelican up and down these rocks. The hull is tough as a woodpecker lips.

Screenshot 2019-05-08 at 11.36.31 PM.png

ryanh487

I picked up a catch 100 from academy tonight, still in the factory plastic wrap. Got it home and started unwrapping it and the bow handle is missing the rivet on one side. So instead of fishing in the morning I'll be waiting for academy to open so I can exchange it ?‍♂️

Other than that little mishap though it's an awesome little boat and I can't wait to get one in the water this weekend.

stubrew

I picked up a catch 100 from academy tonight, still in the factory plastic wrap. Got it home and started unwrapping it and the bow handle is missing the rivet on one side. So instead of fishing in the morning I'll be waiting for academy to open so I can exchange it ?‍♂️

Other than that little mishap though it's an awesome little boat and I can't wait to get one in the water this weekend.

I took my catch 100 out for the first time today, and it was everything I was looking for in a kayak. Weagle steered me true. At first, I had the seat in low position, then I got brave and moved it to high. Took a few minutes to get adjusted, but then it was stable again. Both ways are comfortable, but high is even better. Easy to paddle, cast, and maneuver. I hope you are just as pleased.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I'd love to have one but I just can't see forking over that much money.

weagle

I'd love to have one but I just can't see forking over that much money.

Keep an eye on craigslist and facebook marketplace. I bought a slightly used Catch 120 for $350 with a paddle and cart.

I'm sold on these Pelicans, but there are a lot of great brands. Just watch for a 10-12 foot fishing version with a framed up seat. Pelican,Perception, Vibe, Ascend, Field and Stream and others.

You'll kick yourself you didn't get one sooner.

ryanh487

I took my catch 100 out for the first time today, and it was everything I was looking for in a kayak. Weagle steered me true. At first, I had the seat in low position, then I got brave and moved it to high. Took a few minutes to get adjusted, but then it was stable again. Both ways are comfortable, but high is even better. Easy to paddle, cast, and maneuver. I hope you are just as pleased.
Yeah I'm planning on starting out in the high position. That was part of the appeal to me for the catch 100 over the lower model that was cheaper. I also got an anchor trolly and 3 lb anchor for it, and I already have an anchor stake for shallow water. Also grabbed Paddle leash and a handful of rod leashes for fishing poles, lip gripper, and pliers.

ryanh487

This thing ain't bad. Easy on my back, comfortable seat, tracks great. Maiden voyage/ test run is complete, time to outfit it with the accessories I picked up and do some fishing soon.

stubrew

This thing ain't bad. Easy on my back, comfortable seat, tracks great. Maiden voyage/ test run is complete, time to outfit it with the accessories I picked up and do some fishing soon.

When you get that anchor trolley on there, post some pics if you don’t mind. I’d like to do one on mine

longbowdave1

Nice set up. Looks like some good times fishing! Enjoyed the video.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Well I've been wanting one of these for a while and I'll be danged if I didn't have one waiting for me this morning as a Father's day present. Can't wait to try it out.

weagle

Well I've been wanting one of these for a while and I'll be danged if I didn't have one waiting for me this morning as a Father's day present. Can't wait to try it out.

Wow! Awesome. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. I was back over on Big Creek yesterday. Caught a few redbreast then paddled out in the Hooch and caught some trout near the Roswell rd Bridge. Also lost a nice 4ish Bass in the creek that dove under a blow down and got off.

64544524_10157668902233949_4503048252353937408_n.jpg64650334_10157668902263949_541815505984421888_n.jpg