Permethrin, Picaridin & Deet

chrislibby88

Not sure I want to take a shot of apple cider vinegar every morning. Very interesting though. ACV can definitely do a lot of things!
You can get apple cider gummies, they aren't bad. My wife used to take them. I doubt they are as effective as the liquid vinegar though. I’m guessing there’s some other forest magic in Nic’s body that keeps the ticks away too.

chrislibby88

I’m running the same bug protocol. Permethrin on my clothes, and just got some Picardin to try. Deet breaks my face and chest out something aweful.

frankwright

I never go into the woods for any reason without spraying my clothes. I have only had one tick on me in the last 15 years and that was when my Daughter was showing me her new house and lawn!
I wear gloves when I hunt and spray them and a hat and it does wonders to keep the skeeters away also but I do have a Thermacell in my pack.

Big7

The Oracle
After dealing with Rocky Mountain Spotted fever for the past 2 months with 22 days of treatment left to go, my answer is NO this is not overkill at all. Use it! Hunt the wind if you're worried about the deer smelling you. A deer isn't worth what I've dealt with the past 2 months. Trust me.
ABSOLUTELY NOT !!!
#forrealforreal ?

tell sackett

As someone who already has redbug bites around the waist and one tick bite I think I need to do all of the above, including Nic's idea. ACV is some nasty tasting stuff, but if it works where he hangs out, it oughta work on the edge of Buffalo Swamp.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Vinegar kills me.
Anyone that can take a sip of that stuff and not flinch, ain't human. Like a dummy, I learned that valuable lesson the hard way. :bounce: Just a spoonful of that stuff kicks my tail. I'll mix a little with something else when I drink it. Can't do it straight. Again! :bounce:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Anyone that can take a sip of that stuff and not flinch, ain't human. Like a dummy, I learned that valuable lesson the hard way. :bounce: Just a spoonful of that stuff kicks my tail. I'll mix a little with something else when I drink it. Can't do it straight. Again! :bounce:

Try that new stuff I put up. It`s better.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Try that new stuff I put up. It`s better.
The doterra? Yes, sir, I will see if I can find some locally. I do have a thermacell, which works very well once it gets heated up.

chrislibby88

As someone who already has redbug bites around the waist and one tick bite I think I need to do all of the above, including Nic's idea. ACV is some nasty tasting stuff, but if it works where he hangs out, it oughta work on the edge of Buffalo Swamp.
Man you can get used to it. If you can take a shot of burning nasty whiskey you can get some ACV down.

chrislibby88

The doterra? Yes, sir, I will see if I can find some locally. I do have a thermacell, which works very well once it gets heated up.
You have to order it. I’ve tried the terrashield before, it didn’t seem special to me. I sweat almost everything I use off pretty fast this time of year.

tell sackett

Man you can get used to it. If you can take a shot of burning nasty whiskey you can get some ACV down.
I well remember the taste of likker. I drank up my share and some more folk’s too. I don’t miss it

baddave

you can mix ACV w/ a big spoon of honey . Heat the ACV in the microwave , put in the honey , stir it up ,then put a few ice cubes in there to cool it down , it's not bad at all

SawyerProducts

Hi everyone!

I just bought some Sawyer Permethrin and Picaridin. I am planning to apply the Permethrin to my clothing a couple of days before the opening day of deer season (since it lasts so long). Also, I was thinking I could apply some Sawyer Picaridin in the morning at the car before hiking into the woods.

Do you think this is overkill?
How are you treating for ticks, gnats, etc. this year?

Just wanted to hop in here and let you know that it is not overkill. In fact, your plan of attack is perfect. The combination of the Permethrin on clothing and Picaridin on skin will give you a very strong defense against those creepy crawlers. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Jim

Gl4di4torRr

Just wanted to hop in here and let you know that it is not overkill. In fact, your plan of attack is perfect. The combination of the Permethrin on clothing and Picaridin on skin will give you a very strong defense against those creepy crawlers. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Jim
Thanks Jim!

earlthegoat2

I’m going to need to start buying larger quantities of permethrin.

I put my ground blind up and saturated the area, blind inside and out, and the ground area.

I already soak my clothes and boots in it. Use deet on exposed skin.