Personal Healing Testimony

LittleDrummerBoy

Healing testimony - Since early December, I've had a lot of trouble hearing due to some combination of ear blockages and infection. Had one ear bleeding all night one night. I pursued a course of self-care that had remedied similar past situations in a couple of weeks. But as this one dragged on into January, I finally remembered to pray for healing - just a silent petition to God and maybe mentioning it to him when saying grace before a meal. I resolved to turn up the heat with laying on of hands and anointing with oil if the problem persisted.

No need for that. Last Monday night while sleeping, I felt some unusual things happening in my ears. After awakening Tuesday, I realized the Lord had answered my prayers and restored my hearing completely. Praise the Lord Jesus. The healing came just in time for me to play guitar with my wife in recording some Messianic music videos!

Brothers and sisters, we need to remember to pray sooner when challenges show up in our lives. I'm not sure if this is related to our church's fast or to communion last Sunday, but after last Sunday's powerful service (9AM Free Chapel in Gainesville) I'm on the lookout for more miracles. I did have a sense as the Pastor was speaking that I would get a miracle.

j_seph

Awesome, by on the lookout are you speaking of wanting to hear more or looking out for more for you and loved ones?

LittleDrummerBoy

Awesome, by on the lookout are you speaking of wanting to hear more or looking out for more for you and loved ones?

The above song is the first thing that came to mind when I read your question.

The pastor who discipled me from 1991-2007 taught us to seek the Lord diligently in November and December regarding goals for the coming year, and I passed this practice on to my household. So as we enter 2020, we sense the Lord has given us marching orders for the year that have been confirmed through scripture and spiritual advisers. These goals relate to the Great Commission and the work of being disciples and making disciples, though the details vary person to person and year to year.

For example, my ministry goals will have me focusing efforts on the fishing ministry with a secondary emphasis on music ministry. More love and more power, in my heart and mind, means reaching more people through these ministries, and having the specific words and actions through Scripture and the Holy Spirit that touch their hearts in a powerful way and open their eyes to the truth of the Gospel in 2020. I hope and pray to have greater example of the spiritual gifts described in Scripture in this process.

As a second example, my wife's ministry goals have her focused on music ministry with a secondary emphasis "to teach younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands." For her, more love and more power means worshiping in spirit and in truth and specific guidance for what to speak (or sing) and the boldness to speak the needed words in each situation.

The Free Chapel pastor captures my sentiments on your question in much greater detail in the brief message below: