Petition of support to state of georgia for proposed spring bear season, bow only on public land.

Christian hughey

Is there a way to really organize and start a petition on here and how many people would need to sign to get a serious reaction out of lawmakers. I'll be first to sign this petition and let's see where it goes, share this with your friends and let's see if an impact can be made. This petition to organize a spring bear hunt in the state of Ga. and will be presented to the georgia assembly.
For expanded harvest opportunity to hunters, revenue to the state and overall better management of the species. Proposed season for black bear with archery equipment only on public land during the spring mating cycle in june. Possible quota for georgia residents only. Respond back to this thread with your name and support for this issue.
1. Christian A Hughey

Buckman18

I would prefer it be sometime after turkey season, even into the summer.

Why no guns?

Christian hughey

2 things I would want to know before a spring bear hunt was instituted:
1. Do the state bear biologists support it?

2. Would bear hunters and turkey hunters be sharing the woods?
That's what I would like to know as well, certainly would like all of they're support on this. I would personally like to see june be target month. After turkey season would be fine although a concurrent season with turkey wouldn't be out of the question for me but I personally think you would be able to achieve larger trophy bear success numbers when they are coming into the spring mating pattern.

tree cutter 08

Last week of May and first week of June I have the biggest bears on camera. I'm all for it. Obviously we ain't getting it done in the fall. Bear population continues to climb and in my opinion, it's higher than it should be. To many problem bears . They have exceeded their carry capacity and population is spilling into areas they don't belong and just creating problems.

Buckman18

That's what I would like to know as well, certainly would like all of they're support on this. I would personally like to see june be target month. After turkey season would be fine although a concurrent season with turkey wouldn't be out of the question for me but I personally think you would be able to achieve larger trophy bear success numbers when they are coming into the spring mating pattern.

The bear rut is June-July. This would be a great time for a hunt imo.

Christian hughey

Who do we pay on the golf course? That's how most things in government get done. But yes, ye got my support.
Strother Shwacker
lol just something I'm trying. Someone said the antis seem to organize better than hunters on these issues. If this doesnt get the support necessary to get notice then whatever we tried. But the biologist and dnr do see these threads and they have alot of influence. With the right amount of support they may see the logic behind it and the extra dollar signs. The dog hunters got new legislation passed simply by sticking to it!

Christian hughey

I'd rather hunt spring deer.

Any reason we can't hunt spring deer but it would be acceptable to hunt spring bear?
Yes because spring bear is accepted in other parts of the country. Cant tell you anywhere you can go spring deer hunting. Spring is the deer's time to have babies and bears are just the opposite, they are just now breeding at this time, also feeding from a long harsh winter. Just as you have coyote season in may to combat the predation on fawns they should have a similar management program to combat predation of fawn from bear aswell.