Pick #3

James12

Ole Kyle shannahan is about to burn Atlanta again and take Fields at #3. Meanwhile, Atlanta is going to keep the old man.

TinKnocker

Lots of indicators that ATL will take a QB and it's either Fields or Lance.

IMO there's great QBs (whether they pan out our not is always a gamble) every draft year and they should aim for Sewell instead. That's a day 1 starter who should be a franchise guy. He is WAY less of a gamble than any QB.

bullgator

Ole Kyle shannahan is about to burn Atlanta again and take Fields at #3. Meanwhile, Atlanta is going to keep the old man.
Shannahan’s mistake. Fields seems like a good college athlete that won’t transition into a pro qb. He did well with a natural athletic gift and the benefits of being on a loaded team who almost always out-talented their opponents. OSU is almost plug-and-play with their system, much like Bama. They’ve also sent a few previous quarterbacks to the league who didn’t live up to expectations.

James12

Shannahan’s mistake. Fields seems like a good college athlete that won’t transition into a pro qb. He did well with a natural athletic gift and the benefits of being on a loaded team who almost always out-talented their opponents. OSU is almost plug-and-play with their system, much like Bama. They’ve also sent a few previous quarterbacks to the league who didn’t live up to expectations.

Ok. Sounds good.

James12

I don’t think Fields makes it past San Fran. But who knows. And who knows who will turn out to be good. But I think the Atlanta fan base could use a “potential” star to be excited about. Drafting a left tackle or CB gets me going about like a 1989 Cubs/Astro double header day games! Whooohooo!

Remember what Vick did for the City, not the dogs.

BamaGeorgialine

I don’t think Fields makes it past San Fran. But who knows. And who knows who will turn out to be good. But I think the Atlanta fan base could use a “potential” star to be excited about. Drafting a left tackle or CB gets me going about like a 1989 Cubs/Astro double header day games! Whooohooo!

Remember what Vick did for the City, not the dogs.
Drafting the next STAR is what keeps the bottom teams on the bottom year in and year out. I'd like that Sewell pick. Nice and boring.

James12

Drafting the next STAR is what keeps the bottom teams on the bottom year in and year out. I'd like that Sewell pick. Nice and boring.

It’s also worked out for teams as well -
often years later but it started the foundation. The City and fans need excitement, something other than the dead pulse of the past. That’s all I’m saying. Atlanta has broke the bank trying to prop up and band-aid the current team long enough.

ATLFalconsfan80

The best option if Fields is gone at 3 is draft down to a team who is in need of a qb right now... San Fran gave up what 3 first rounders to get the number 3? Atlanta trade down and stock pile picks for the future and rebuild..Fields best option for a long NFL career is to sit behind a starter a season or 2 and learn the game at that level of play then come in...If he's thrown into the starting position right off the bat he'll struggle. And has Trey Lance even played a whole full college football season, and Mac Jones....lets be honest here...his supporting cast made him...

ATLFalconsfan80

Sewell is a great pick and would not be mad if taken....I did read an article where hes been training for RT. He played LT the whole time for Oregon, so it seems to me his agent may have some inside info to him about a team wanting him to to play RT. If thats the case...then they are wanting to replace Kaleb Mcgary..which I dont see as a bad thing but alot of our pressures on offense came from in the interior

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
Falcons better draft Mac Jones!

Fields has already proven he got the GA curse! :rofl:

stonecreek

I know I’m the minority on this but Ryan ain’t the issue. If we don’t trade out of the 4th pick then I hope they grab the Pitts kid from Florida. I’m hoping they grab Sheldon Richardson off the waiver wire today to play next to Jarrett on the D line. In the second round get the outside linebacker from Georgia. Get some O lineman. Coach Smith will be able to coach up that offense.

ATLFalconsfan80

I know I’m the minority on this but Ryan ain’t the issue. If we don’t trade out of the 4th pick then I hope they grab the Pitts kid from Florida. I’m hoping they grab Sheldon Richardson off the waiver wire today to play next to Jarrett on the D line. In the second round get the outside linebacker from Georgia. Get some O lineman. Coach Smith will be able to coach up that offense.
If they can get Sheldon to play next to Grady that would amazing!!

TinKnocker

Sewell is a great pick and would not be mad if taken....I did read an article where hes been training for RT. He played LT the whole time for Oregon, so it seems to me his agent may have some inside info to him about a team wanting him to to play RT. If thats the case...then they are wanting to replace Kaleb Mcgary..which I dont see as a bad thing but alot of our pressures on offense came from in the interior
Aaron Donald plays the left side of the D line.......having a good RT is a good game plan. ?

ATLFalconsfan80

Aaron Donald plays the left side of the D line.......having a good RT is a good game plan. ?

Yeah but not everyone is playing Aaron Donald this season...Falcons ain’t playing them...???...plus Aaron Donald is a DT...not many opportunities for a RT to guard a DT unless the D is running the 3-4...???

honestly I would like him...but personally I would like to see ustrade down and gather picks for the upcoming seasons...

It’s a rebuild year...you rebuild... one o-line player is not going to change the organization...and for the love of God...don’t add the wink ? like you just shut down Putin at NATO....???

TinKnocker

Congrats on possibly not only the weirdest, but also most insecure, response I’ve seen on GON.

DannyW

My preferences for the Falcons in the draft are:
  1. Trade down provided they can get at least two 1st round picks and an additional 2nd round (plus exchanging this year's 1st round pick)
  2. My 2nd choice has changed a little...go ahead and take Kyle Pitts. With the rest of the Falcons receivers, that would be fun to watch.
  3. Take Swell. I'm fine with that. A boring choice but while not all positions are glamorous, they are still essential to the team.
But for the love of God, DON'T select a player at 4th that they could have gotten with a 12th - 15th round pick!!!

My idea of a perfect move...trade Julio and the 4th pick to the Bengals in exchange for their 5th pick this year, plus the Bengals 2nd round picks this year and next.

This would leave Atlanta with a premium player (either Sewall or Pitts...whoever the Bengals didn't take) to be chosen at 5th this year, and add additional 2nd round picks to their draft war chest for this year and next. Plus it would resolve their salary cap issue in one fell swoop.

The Bengals would get the player of their dreams this year (Sewell or Pitts, they don't need QB), and a HOF receiver who would add another dimension to their offense for 10-12 games a year.

Perfect....