Pics of backcountry camps

splatek

UAEC
This thread makes me recall my first bear hunting experience. A week before season my then 10 year old and I camped on nf. Apparently somebody been dumping there, I learned later. At about 10p we are starting to close our eyes and a bear starts rummaging around camp.
My boy was so startled that he spilled and crushed a pack of Oreos in the tent. Then another bear showed up. I was like what the heck!? We got outta there.

Next weekend I drove up to a camp nearby. Got set up for an afternoon hunt. Was a warm early season day so pinned my Miller lite in the creek.

Hunted till dark, getting lost in the woods under torrential down pour. Can’t face to face with a bear on the way out in the dark in the rain. He ran. I was stepping on a hornets nest. But the rain kept them outta my pants. Any how I find my way back to the trail and hike out 1.5-2 super soggy miles. I remember watching that storm form from the tree. It was cool until it was upon me.

When I eventually got my wet butt back to camp somebody has taken my rain fly off my tent and pinned it in the creek under my beer. I mean who does that and doesn’t take the beer?
Man I was mad. Packed everything in the back of the truck drove to a lease in Coweta county I was a part of back then and killed my first ever deer that morning.

HardlyHangin

This thread makes me recall my first bear hunting experience. A week before season my then 10 year old and I camped on nf. Apparently somebody been dumping there, I learned later. At about 10p we are starting to close our eyes and a bear starts rummaging around camp.
My boy was so startled that he spilled and crushed a pack of Oreos in the tent. Then another bear showed up. I was like what the heck!? We got outta there.

Next weekend I drove up to a camp nearby. Got set up for an afternoon hunt. Was a warm early season day so pinned my Miller lite in the creek.

Hunted till dark, getting lost in the woods under torrential down pour. Can’t face to face with a bear on the way out in the dark in the rain. He ran. I was stepping on a hornets nest. But the rain kept them outta my pants. Any how I find my way back to the trail and hike out 1.5-2 super soggy miles. I remember watching that storm form from the tree. It was cool until it was upon me.

When I eventually got my wet butt back to camp somebody has taken my rain fly off my tent and pinned it in the creek under my beer. I mean who does that and doesn’t take the beer?
Man I was mad. Packed everything in the back of the truck drove to a lease in Coweta county I was a part of back then and killed my first ever deer that morning.
Good times

chrislibby88

Drink better beer? I wouldn’t steal Miller either. :ROFLMAO: Guess the camping only got better from there.

jbogg

I slept in my mobile hunting camp this past weekend. When you fold down both rows of rear seats you can slide a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood perfectly flat in the back. Tons of room, and I love being mobile if I want to relocate from one day to the next.
IMG_8731.jpeg