Pictorial Memorial for my Dad...

joepuppy

Very good read. I enjoyed every post. Thank you for sharing with us.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Just another small footnote:

After more conversations with Dad and Sally's friends (the kind of conversations you never have with your parents friends until after they are gone), I've learned that it was the June Taylor Dancers (The Jackie Gleason Show, filmed in Miami) that brought Sally from her Connecticut roots to South Florida.

jbogg

I read it all start to finish Corbett and enjoyed every bit of it. Very nice tribute to your pops. He sounds like a real likeable character, and I don’t think the Apple fell far from the tree.

1eyefishing

Thanks, jb.
But I didn't do anything to deserve that!
Just wait till we have to argue over who drags which end of the bear!
:rofl:?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Thanks, jb.
But I didn't do anything to deserve that!
Just wait till we have to argue over who drags which end of the bear!
:rofl:?

which ever of you that loses the coin toss, please let us know if it is indeed fact that a bear does poo in the woods.

1eyefishing

which ever of you that loses the coin toss, please let us know if it is indeed fact that a bear does poo in the woods.

I've already had first-hand experience with that...
The answer is yes, yes indeed.
Even a dead beer poos in the woods!

bany

I just stumbled into the fire and found your story Corbett! What a memorial to your dad and mom and you! Thanks for sharing, I’ll have more fun painting a house today! AND probably remember my dad all day too.

Core Lokt

I've been on this site a while now and just now seeing and reading every post.

Man, I don't know what to say other than you have a way wit words and your dad was a go getter and while I'm sure there were hurting times along the way for you I betting it made you one heck of a man and father!

1eyefishing

I've been on this site a while now and just now seeing and reading every post.

Man, I don't know what to say other than you have a way wit words and your dad was a go getter and while I'm sure there were hurting times along the way for you I betting it made you one heck of a man and father!

Thank you, sir...
It's been a while but your recent post made me review this a little again. Bringing more tears now than it did when I wrote it…

TJay

Wow what a great story! I just found this thread today like some of the other members. Great tribute to a life well lived!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Spent a while today reading this. Had to log off and back on several times over the day, but each time I wanted to come back to see the next chapter like in any good book.

Great read and a heckuva life lead.

Thanks for taking the time @1eyefishing

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’m not sure how I’ve missed this but glad I found it . Very good read 1eye , you mentioned if you ever get tired of hunting and fishing or unable to enjoy it ...I’d suggest writing a book ! Thanks so much for sharing !

Guitar Guy

Wow - stumbled on this and it really resonated. Thank you very much for sharing. I don't know if it's the same between mothers and daughters, but even under really good circumstances, the relationships between fathers and sons are complicated. Those waters run deep. Glad that you decided to share this. I think everyone who reads it will benefit from it in some, way, shape or form. All the best to you.

slow motion

All I can say is WOW! Your Dad lived quite the life. Thanks for sharing such an intimate glimpse into his and your lives I thoroughly enjoyed it brother. I know you enjoyed reliving it but could also feel through your words it was painful to tell at times.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Just read the whole thing again. What a story!

DannyW

Yes, great story. And you told it well. Don't know how I missed it in 2018 but I'm glad I took the time to read it now.

Thanks for sharing.