Piedmont NWR

Rackbuster

Is anybody hunting the primitive hunt Nov.3-5 ?I got my notice today that I was picked and it will be my first time there.Anyone have some info that might help?

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
I applied for that one. I checked the mail box yesterday and nothing yet. I will check tomorow. I have always gotten drawn. Robert

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Got my permit today, along with a letter stating that scopes are now legal during the primitive weapons hunt.
:yeah:

Send me an PM, I can give you a some starting points. I have hunted Piedmont for the last 15 years. Lots of deer and some beautifull woods to hunt.

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
I just got mine :banana: :banana:

I will be there with my son for the primitive weapons hunt. We will be camping and we all need to get together for dinner one evening.

SWAMPFOX

Scopes???

So scopes on muzzleloaders are legal on Piedmont NWR hunts and not on either private land or state WMA muzzle hunts?

That's not good.

Rackbuster

Swampfox

They say the reason behind it is that the hunt coincides with the regular gun season.I reckon there has to be a starting point for everything. :huh:

Dutch PM sent.

Harvester

From how I understand it is that AFTER october 21st, you can use scopes on a ML during these hunts or on anyother place. Just not during the primitive weapon season. Anyone please correct me if i'm wrong.

Lostoutlaw

I say so too

I say ya'll need to get together at dinner in Camp. It's more fun and ya'll know it.. I didn't get drawed :huh:

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Robert Sowell said:
I still say we should get together for dinner at the campground.......

Sounds like a plan...lets work out the details.

Rackbuster

sounds like a plan

Robert I will try to find you .I am camping also and one of the guys that I will be with can make some fine chile.I will probably be in a red chevy 4 door with a small camper.Maybe we can shoot the bull if not a deer.

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
I will be in a Gold F-150 with a GON tag on the front. We usually try to get on the slab near the bathrooms at the front of the campground. I will have on a woody's hat.

TMAC

I got my notice that I had been drawn Friday. there will be 5 of us camping and hunting. I went on this hunt for the first time last year and really enjoyed it!

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I went and scouted some new spots today. Saw a big spike and a couple of does. Also found a pretty nice shed at one spot, it had 4 points and if the opposite side matched I would guess he was 16-17 in. wide. Ought to be a good one this year. I will take a pic and see if I can post it. Paid for my primitive weapon permit and picked up a second permit for the last either sex hunt on Nov. 17-19. Was nice and cool this morning was a great day to be walking in the woods.

booner

late morning and early afternoon

Ive hunted there before and when hunters are driving around and moving in and out of the woods thats a great time to see deer escaping the pressure.

Shine Runner

Glad to see some folks getting in on some prime hunting.....lot of work but should be well worth it...I "messed up" and didn't get my app in on time!!??!! DARN IT...thinking of bow hunting some and trying to pickup one of those "extra" spots I have been reading about! Gladly pay the 12.50....if that is all I need to do...?? Found some good food sources earlier...just need to get on them....new job really put a kink in the plans I had to get up there.....let us know how the "chili" and everything else turns out!