Pig Brig trapping system

sleepr71

Have not used it,but did watch the videos a while back. Saw some pretty big hogs trying to get out & it held them. Not sure about long term durability..I think it’s made from Shrimp Boat netting(?) Probably wouldn’t last as long as metal traps...but it is DEFINITELY easier to move + set up in different locations. I think they were about $1200..which is cheaper,by far than the Jager Pro & other systems designed for pros who catch hogs for a living. I’m on my own property..so I built several out of metal & built them 5.5 ft high. After having a Boar come over a 52” Combo panel after my dad last year...we decided to build something a little higher :biggrin2:

ShortMagFan

Works great. Friend of mine was the one who set everything up in SC for the guy who came up with the idea and NatGeo. My friend has caught hundreds of pigs and hasnt had one get out yet

jknight

I really like their design works great. I have a game changer Junior I really like but I would have done had one of these if it Wasn’t for bear and maybe Buck deer get tangled. You could put one of these up any where wet or dry

Doug B.

A friend of mine put one up. He thought he had 17 hogs on camera. He left it up off the ground the first night. He put it down on the ground the second night and had 19 in it the next morning. Looks to me like it's the real thing.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
That’s awesome! Details you can share? How durable & tough does it seem to be???

I have a couple of videos that have to go to YouTube that shows hogs running full speed into the trap and bouncing off.

Once I load them on YouTube I will post.

sleepr71

Good deal. Eager to see it in action. Walking up to a trap full of mad hogs...always makes me pucker up a little & I like a STRONG trap ?

Hillbilly stalker

I would say one HUGE advantage is it would be more portable than the pen/panel or corral type traps.

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Moderators.

Very sorry for not embedding the videos. I thought we no longer had to embed them.