Pig Brig trapping system

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I love it when a good plan comes together.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on this endeavor.

greg j

I can't imagine being over run with hogs like that. We have been on the same lease for almost 30 years and have never had a hog on it yet. We are in Talbot county.

shdw633

Just curious as to what you do with all that pork?

ShortMagFan

The 5 sows were given to people who wanted them. The 2 boars, including the big one that was 250+ and stunk like a bad mixture of cologne and ****, got put in front of a trail camera so I can see how fast the buzzards and coyotes work…hoping to salvage the skull of the large one for a euro mount

frankwright

I can't imagine being over run with hogs like that. We have been on the same lease for almost 30 years and have never had a hog on it yet. We are in Talbot county.
I hunt North Talbot by Woodland and we are covered up with pigs 12 months out of the year!
You can see my solar light on the tree and my tripod stand straight behind the feeder. Looks like a sure thing but they are still hard to kill there!

Attachments

• muddy pigs 2-26-2020 6-03-12 PM.JPG
    muddy pigs 2-26-2020 6-03-12 PM.JPG
    426.8 KB · Views: 57

greg j

I hunt North Talbot by Woodland and we are covered up with pigs 12 months out of the year!
You can see my solar light on the tree and my tripod stand straight behind the feeder. Looks like a sure thing but they are still hard to kill there!

Are you east or west of hwy 36? We are west towards the Harris county line and haven't seen a hog yet

Meriwether Mike

I like it. We are under invasion in south Meriwether County. It has really ramped up since feeding during season became legal. I am going to encourage everyone to stop during deer season and see if it helps.

sleepr71

I’m sure people get tired of me dogging the state,for legalizing baiting…but I can absolutely say that our local hog population didn’t explode until year round corn slingers became legal. We’d see a hog every now & then before that. Now…I trap 20-30 a year off of our little farm. Within a mile radius..we’ve caught>250 over the last 2 years(that I know of)..?

Okie Hog

Yep, folks in Oklahoma and Texas are raising wild hogs under deer feeders.

Several years ago i began fencing my feeders. A 24" fence made of split cattle panels keeps out > 80 percent of wild hogs. A fence made of pig panels keeps out all the hogs.

This feeder fence is pig panel with two sections cut back to 28" so fawns can jump in. There are two concrete blocks on either side at one cut down section that assist my 82 year old butt over the fence. i left the outside concrete block against the fence and two large boars got in. Caught one boar in a snare and shot the other. No hogs have gotten in since then.

0Qcy1YQl.jpg