Pig Brig trapping system

davel

From what I understand from the State Veterinarian is that letting the scavengers eat a more than likely infected hog, and should that animal then defecate in a pasture then cattle, horses, goats, sheep, dogs, etc. can be infected. The main concern is brucellosis which, according to the state, infects a really high percentage of wild hogs. Recommendations is to forget revenge and bury the dead hogs so the surrounding ecosystem is not contaminated with the brucellosis or other harmful bacteria & pathogens.
Better have a backhoe because using your tractor won't work. I've buried hogs only to have the coyotes did them up. Granted, they were shallow Graves but...

sleepr71

Wow..bigguns! Those 3 jokers could wreck a food plot,or field, in one night. It’s amazing what a hog that size can root up! I think they could bust up 4” concrete,if they thought there was a kernel of corn under it!

Last edited:

HogKillaDNR

Man now that's a load. How many total?

Hillbilly stalker

I believe I would upgrade those carabiners. Instead of the soft weak aluminum, I would get 4 or 5 of the steel ones that have a pin in the gate and a notch for it to close on.

BassHunter25

T
I believe I would upgrade those carabiners. Instead of the soft weak aluminum, I would get 4 or 5 of the steel ones that have a pin in the gate and a notch forto close on.
The caribiners aren’t supposed to be supporting anything. The cable weaves through where they aren’t necessary. We took the cable out to retrieve the hogs we trapped the week before and didn’t weave it back correctly.

Sombra

How guys have purchased the Pig Brig and how would you rate it?

Any escapes?

Morning Mo,

I have a trap in NE Talbot in the Pleasant Hill Community. You are more than welcome to visit. I'll PM you.

Three trap sets with 47 hogs eradicated so far. A local man in Woodland is picking up the euthanized hogs, processing them and distributing the meat out into the community.

I set the trap again on last Monday and it took 24 hours for the nasty boogers to find the corn.

Hogbert.jpg

I rate the trap highly, even though I'm sitting here now with really sore arms from pounding the posts in the ground on Monday. :cool:

-Sombra

Morning Mo,

I have a trap in NE Talbot in the Pleasant Hill Community. You are more than welcome to visit. I'll PM you.

Three trap sets with 47 hogs eradicated so far. A local man in Woodland is picking up the euthanized hogs, processing them and distributing the meat out into the community.

I set the trap again on last Monday and it took 24 hours for the nasty boogers to find the corn.

View attachment 1141198

I rate the trap highly, even though I'm sitting here now with really sore arms from pounding the posts in the ground on Monday. :cool:

-Sombra
We have a gas powered t post driver for ours we run 5 pig brigs it will save on those arms that’s for sure

Sombra

We have a gas powered t post driver for ours we run 5 pig brigs it will save on those arms that’s for sure

Call me stubborn, but I can certainly use the workout.

Good on you though for having the gas powered driver. If I had to set five traps, I'd be right there with you.

-Sombra

Davexx1

Just curious, for the ones that have and used a pig brig, how do you think the net fabric material has/will hold up long term to rain, moisture, constant UV exposure, soaked in blood, urine, poop, etc.? After use, have you noticed any hesitancy or refusal from other hogs to enter the net trap because of lingering odors in the net material?