Pigs at night....

hambone76

And..... I shot another one tonight. 40ish pound sow. Going to be fine in the pot. Real feel temp- 97 deg. Zero wind. Skeeters everywhere. Gotta love it.

Martin X200, Easton 2018, old Bear Razorhead.

View attachment 1031672

Congratulations Dendy!
You Sir, are a pig’s worst nightmare!

sawtooth

I don't like boars that stink. They can be 50lbs. or 250lbs. If a pig stinks I won't mess with him. Others will argue that you can "make" them taste ok, and that's fine, but I won't fool with a stinky boar. Some boars are just rank. Sows are fine no matter the size.

I don't like boars that stink. They can be 50lbs. or 250lbs. If a pig stinks I won't mess with him. Others will argue that you can "make" them taste ok, and that's fine, but I won't fool with a stinky boar. Some boars are just rank. Sows are fine no matter the size.

I made some sausage a few months ago out of a 300 lb boar, my girls LOVED it! We made chili, spaghetti and breakfast sausage with it! Taste great!

Todd Cook

Years ago my ex-brother in law shot a great big nasty stinky boar down on the Ocmulgee river. We " tried" to cook some of that one. Stunk the whole house up. Never again. Young and tender is where it's at. Pigs, deer, chickens, etc...... Congrats my friend!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
If I shoot a boar, I want it under a hundred pounds hoof weight. Sows don’t get a heavyweight pass.

strothershwacker

I've seen a boar field dress 200# and was as good eatin' as any. I've also kilt a 70# boar that had that wang to it. I'm not sure the size is the determining factor? I'm no pig guru tho. Just my limited observations.

dm/wolfskin

I think Dendy uses the Sniper light and I use a Kill light from elusive wildlife technology. I like the green but some love the red light. I can see further with green and it works better for me with a camera on my bow at night. This video is from 3 years ago but I like it. I thought this hawg was a sow when I shot it. Wrong!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

wag03

I like that Piglet light from Elusive Wildlife Technology as well. Kinda pricey but you get what you pay for.