Pinelog

.44Slayer

Not looking for GPS location, but where abouts is your camera? (North,South,Southeast,.....)

Still trying to narrow down which area I want to attack this weekend.

.44Slayer

Went out this past Saturday, didn't see any pigs but there was a lot of snow. Saw some tracks before the snow covered them but that's all the sign I saw. Clocked 9 miles of hiking in total for the day.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Not looking for GPS location, but where abouts is your camera? (North,South,Southeast,.....)

Still trying to narrow down which area I want to attack this weekend.
I like to go out oak st.......and pine thickets are a magnet in the winter. Look for pine needle beds etc....
the pine thickets close to creek beds along the dove fields will often times open up once you get inside.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Another great walk is to go straight up stamp creek from the main gate area....if the wind is good. They clear cut a few years ago some of it so there are plenty of hiding/bedding places close By.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Went out this past Saturday, didn't see any pigs but there was a lot of snow. Saw some tracks before the snow covered them but that's all the sign I saw. Clocked 9 miles of hiking in total for the day.
Where’d you go in?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Supposed to rain, but I may go in the am.....

Wayne D Davis

There's a great population of Turkey , hog and bear . I'd say fair deer population but you gotta know where they are. Saturday looks good for a trip to do some turkey scouting .... may carry the 30.30 incase Mr piggy steps out

.44Slayer

I went in from E. Valley Rd., the wind was not good for coming in from the south. I also checked the large dove field behind Toyo around noon but nothing there either. Probably won't make it back up there until later in the month, plan on hitting a few spots I haven't checked yet if the wind is good.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I went in from E. Valley Rd., the wind was not good for coming in from the south. I also checked the large dove field behind Toyo around noon but nothing there either. Probably won't make it back up there until later in the month, plan on hitting a few spots I haven't checked yet if the wind is good.
was the gate open? I love the North end!

this was Saturday

and the snow was crunching under every step I took so it was hard to be quiet

c7988977c2f13aa01a418444453eb022.jpg

Monday -
I could see the Northside of Pine Log Mtn
still snow at the top this am

went there yesterday had the whole WMA to myself
checked all my favorite/productive Hog places, nothing seen

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Johns has hogs.

There’s a lot of sign!

Seriously JD?!? Son you just opened up a can.......I LOVE Johns mtn, but have only done a small amount of scouting as we usually are there for the range. I hope you don’t mind me going afterYOUR pig.....I just might. Got 2 more weeks and I been meaning to shoot the .308 again anyway.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Great photo Joey! Bet it was pretty out there!

Please do! Let me know if you get him or one. Use the coordinates I listed and check out the sign. I set my camera near that.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• 14FD32FA-F100-4066-A02E-36FCD6D8BFBE.jpeg
    14FD32FA-F100-4066-A02E-36FCD6D8BFBE.jpeg
    287.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:

naaron

I checked out my spots off E valley where I usually find them, not a ton of fresh sign. I did smell pig for one moment but never heard them and couldnt narrow down what direction that scent blew in from

Jethro Bodean

I was in there yesterday. Went in off of East Valley and was deep in some thickets in the Sugar Hill creek area. I didn't see any sign at all of hogs. But I have seen some wallows previously, much further south of there. And yesterday I ran into a guy there that said he has seen 2 bears in there up on the ridges, oddly enough...around Bear Mountain. And he had talked with another guy who claims to have seen a cat that was about 4' long, with a long tail. I believe him about the bears, and would not be too surprised if the the big cat story were true.

Gawd, I love the Pinelog woods. Lots of old history in them, true mountains, and beautiful creeks. It's like you are in far north GA, instead of the outskirts of metro Atlanta.

naaron

I was in there yesterday. Went in off of East Valley and was deep in some thickets in the Sugar Hill creek area. I didn't see any sign at all of hogs. But I have seen some wallows previously, much further south of there. And yesterday I ran into a guy there that said he has seen 2 bears in there up on the ridges, oddly enough...around Bear Mountain. And he had talked with another guy who claims to have seen a cat that was about 4' long, with a long tail. I believe him about the bears, and would not be too surprised if the the big cat story were true.

Gawd, I love the Pinelog woods. Lots of old history in them, true mountains, and beautiful creeks. It's like you are in far north GA, instead of the outskirts of metro Atlanta.

I was just in that same creek valley, PM me if you want to hunt or scout some new stuff in that same area I have some good ideas.

Wayne D Davis

Take a hike up Hanging Mountain.... beautiful up there