Planned Parenthood sues over Mo. law

Thread starter #1
Hmmmm...let me get this straight...based on this issue, it would seem that according to the Republican agenda (at least the Repubs that sponsored and support this legislation) that government regulation/control of healthcare is only okay when it meshes with THEIR religious beliefs? :crazy:...gotta be all or none...cannot have your cake and eat it too...:huh:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070820/ap_on_re_us/abortion_lawsuit

If the Repukicans or the Demorats either one would just settle in and be consistent for a change they just might lure voters back into actually supporting them...for years now, there has been no consistency and only hypocrisy coupled with lots and lots of lies and spin-doctoring...:rolleyes:

SBG

Hmmmm...let me get this straight...based on this issue, it would seem that according to the Republican agenda (at least the Repubs that sponsored and support this legislation) that government regulation/control of healthcare is only okay when it meshes with THEIR religious beliefs? :crazy:...gotta be all or none...cannot have your cake and eat it too...:huh:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070820/ap_on_re_us/abortion_lawsuit

If the Repukicans or the Demorats either one would just settle in and be consistent for a change they just might lure voters back into actually supporting them...for years now, there has been no consistency and only hypocrisy coupled with lots and lots of lies and spin-doctoring...:rolleyes:
I don't think that being anti-abortion is a religious issue.

I don't see the state applying the rules for "ambulatory surgical centers" to abortion clinics as onerous. It is a surgical procedure. If every other outpatient surgical facility in the state has to comply, I fail to understand what the big issue is here.

Comply or close down. Seems pretty simple.

I don't see the state applying the rules for "ambulatory surgical centers" to abortion clinics as onerous. It is a surgical procedure. If every other outpatient surgical facility in the state has to comply, I fail to understand what the big issue is here.

Comply or close down. Seems pretty simple.
Elfiii; that sounds reasonable to me.
one of their arguments was to take abortion out of the back alleys, then they complain, when they are required to clean up their alley.

Thread starter #5

And it is interesting to see Repubs support further expansion of government in any form into the healthcare industry...

Repubs are the ones that have been crying foul about getting government out of the business...:huh:...just a little contra to the platform it would seem...

SBG

And it is interesting to see Repubs support further expansion of government in any form into the healthcare industry...

Repubs are the ones that have been crying foul about getting government out of the business...:huh:...just a little contra to the platform it would seem...
I think you may be reading to much into this...

Republicans have never said that they should be out of the business of businesses. They say that they should be out of the business of the businesses that it ain't none of their business to be in.

Obviously, ensuring that heath care facilities are monitored for compliance to standards of practice, is a business that the gov. should be in.

If the result of that means that it makes it more burdensome for abortion factories to operate...then cool.

I think you may be reading to much into this...

Republicans have never said that they should be out of the business of businesses. They say that they should be out of the business of the businesses that it ain't none of their business to be in.

Obviously, ensuring that heath care facilities are monitored for compliance to standards of practice, is a business that the gov. should be in.

If the result of that means that it makes it more burdensome for abortion factories to operate...then cool.
I agree,
having a government agency, that sets/ and ensures, minum requirements for medical facilities, isn't a bad thing.