Pleasant Surprise This Past Week

Oldstick

I know most of you are gonna say where have you been the last 2 decades? But I really didn't know things have changed that much.

It's been several years since I have gone to a fair of any type. And many more years than that since I have had the need to venture into rides area. But this year I took my grand daughter to the GA National Fair. I knew she was interested in mostly the rides, so I was kind of dreading it. Because in my mind I was seeing all the crack addict, tatoo-covered, missing teeth white guys that operate the rides, plus the same screaming at you from every booth you passed. The way the fair rides area used to be the last time I was there.

But not this time. Almost every ride was manned with what looked like Latino males. Well groomed and polite, none looked like any kind of threat to the kids or anyone else. Same with the booths. They might try to call you over, but not overly aggressive or threatening in appearance.

I guess the message is for all guys/gals, no matter what race. If you want a job, stay off the drugs, stay out of trouble and stay out of jail, and preferably avoid a lot of visible tattoos because there is competition for every job out there.

Toliver

You haven't missed anything. Those stereotypical carnies are still out there. You just happened to go to a good one with decent folks running it.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I saw a car pulling two other cars followed by a carnival ride on the interstate Friday. Actually saw this twice in one day. The cars weren't late models either. Guessed carnies when I saw them.

oldfella1962

I saw a car pulling two other cars followed by a carnival ride on the interstate Friday. Actually saw this twice in one day. The cars weren't late models either. Guessed carnies when I saw them.
If you stuck around long enough you could have seen them pulling the carnival ride too! :LOL:

Latest posts