PLOT DISSAPOINTMENT

Mackie889

Here's what I have popping up. Planted a fall mix w/ a few soybeans thrown in on 10/6 before the 1+" of rain we got on the 12th. Looks like the rye and/ or oats and a few soybeans are the only thing popping up. Come on rain!!

Attachments

• 59DC9A7D-67E5-402D-AC40-836B579DBC4F.jpeg
    59DC9A7D-67E5-402D-AC40-836B579DBC4F.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 60

Jim Boyd

Here's what I have popping up. Planted a fall mix w/ a few soybeans thrown in on 10/6 before the 1+" of rain we got on the 12th. Looks like the rye and/ or oats and a few soybeans are the only thing popping up. Come on rain!!

What a great deal when you know the farmer is gonna stay off of your strip.

I like it!!!!

Jim Boyd

I’ll post up some pics this weekend.

I have oats, ladino, MRC and brassicas up pretty good.

Deer are livid about it too - and intent on rearranging the house for me.

Disked up the rest of the plots last weekend and gonna drill em up this weekend.

best of luck to all.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That one is a little thin and crispy on the high end, but still lush on the lower 2/3. Could sure use some rain. Sat there yesterday afternoon and watched a herd of does mowing it.

ChattBuck

Got my wheat and brassicas in early Sept week after Labor Day. Got enough rain to get it up but it's only had 0.5 inches over the past 4 weeks/ So it's struggling.

However, last night it paid off. My youngest son started calling me at work as soon as school was out wanting me to take him hunting.

Got home, made a pot of chili while he did homework, and to the field we went.

Neighboring property is building a home right up on the property line to our farm so 150 yards behind us we had hammers/saws/nailguns/loud hispanic music so I held out little hope.

But a buck came out right at the end of shooting light and he made it count. Only his second deer.plot22brassicaswheat.pngPlot22Wheat.pngplott22landondeer.png

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
And that’s how it is done. Congratulations to the young man

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Got my wheat and brassicas in early Sept week after Labor Day. Got enough rain to get it up but it's only had 0.5 inches over the past 4 weeks/ So it's struggling.

However, last night it paid off. My youngest son started calling me at work as soon as school was out wanting me to take him hunting.

Got home, made a pot of chili while he did homework, and to the field we went.

Neighboring property is building a home right up on the property line to our farm so 150 yards behind us we had hammers/saws/nailguns/loud hispanic music so I held out little hope.

But a buck came out right at the end of shooting light and he made it count. Only his second deer.View attachment 1184055View attachment 1184056View attachment 1184058
Good deal! Congratulations to the young man on a fine buck! :rockon:

smitty

Got my last ones in ground and tilled in yesterday !No rain to speak of in my area of Hancock in last 7 weeks,have seen the plots do well buried in the dirt by the tiller after 5 weeks of sleep waiting on rain.We shall see,dont look like much in the future as well...

Last edited:

Ihunt

Y'all will be in the stands Saturday and I'll be picking a peanut trial with a week break before the cotton.

If it helps, all I saw were tree rats.

Last edited:

Ihunt

Y'all will be in the stands Saturday and I'll be picking a peanut trial with a week break before the cotton.

Other than maybe having to water to be able to flip those goobers you couldn’t ask for better pnut and cotton picking weather.

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
A tuff year, all the way around! I burned down the plots, with glyphosate, which I hadn't been to in 5 months, the end of August. We had 1/4" of rain in September and 3/4" after Ian came thru.

Last week I spread my 3 clovers, wheat, radish, turnips and rape, then ran the cultipacker over everything.

Orchard 10-22-2022.jpg

I was happy to find some medium red clover still growing, with it's longer tap root. The deer were using it too.

Mo's gas line 10-22-2022.jpg

And since I no mow no more, and let the clover go to seed, the next generation of clover, after the 3/4" of rain and cooler temperatures has germinated.

Mo's gas line 10-22-2022-2.jpg

Lilly001

I planted back in the beginning of September because that’s when I had help.
Just one rain since. But the girls still like it.

Attachments

• 10FC3B77-A5CA-445B-9399-960FC0024B7A.jpeg
    10FC3B77-A5CA-445B-9399-960FC0024B7A.jpeg
    350.8 KB · Views: 23
  • B92DFA2D-4039-408A-BFCF-1A0C3CEEED82.jpeg
    B92DFA2D-4039-408A-BFCF-1A0C3CEEED82.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 22